I think it's called..... Depression?

Taylor's (TEMS) POV

She walked away. Just, walked away, eh? What am I kidding?

SHE BLOODY WALTZED OFF! She flaunted away like she couldn't care less about our friendship! I looked out in the distance watching her form fade into the horizon.

I just stood there.

"Tems?"

Why did she leave me? What happened to the endless nights on her roof looking at the stars? What happened to wanting to come to Neverland together? Together... Friends.... That was the past, wasn't it? My sister, almost. The only one who was able to cheer me up.

"Tems...???"

What am I kidding. In all of our made up stories, she would fall in love with Peter. I would be the one who was yearning for adventure. Maybe I was asking for this. I should have never gone snooping near our creek months ago.

"Te-ems?"

I felt my eyes grow hotter as tears began to spill over. I wouldn't cry. I shouldn't cry. But I did.

"Tems."

The was the end of our friendship. I sat down and curled into a ball. I was pathetic, not any good for her. She would be fine on her own.

"T-Taylor?"

"Huh?"

Jimmy had never addressed me by my first name. He stood next to me, a concerned look spread on his face.

"Did you say something?" I asked, tears still slipping through my confident façade.

"Are you all right?"

"......"

"Taylor?"

"......"

"Taylor?"

".............."

------------------------------------------

"-experiencing symptoms such as lack of appetite, little to no speaking, and hardly any movement."

"What's caused all this?"

"I believe her damaged friendship is the root of the problem."

"Which is?"

"Depression."

I sighed as I sat in a chair in the galley. Our medical pirate(or as close as we had) was giving Jimmy a diagnosis of my now three day streak of depression. It had apparently started when I passed out in the White Wood and was still going strong. It's not like it mattered. I'm sure no one cared, anyway.

"Tems?" Jimmy asked, waving a hand in front of my face. I sighed again and folded my arms across the table and put my head in them.

"Tems?" He asked again.

Why wasn't Victoria willing to listen to me? It hurt like crazy. Just to think that the people I hung with could turn away my one and true friend.

"Has she eaten?"

"No, not for three days."

That would explain my stomach pains. As if on queue, my stomach rumbled.

"Tems, please eat something, here." Jimmy said, sitting across from me holding out a roll.

"I'm not very hungry."

"That's a lie if I've ever heard one. Eat, please-"

"I DON'T WANT ANYTHING!" I yelled, standing up and banging my fist on the table. I stormed out of the the lower deck and onto the main one. Climbing up the rigging to the crow's nest, I found tears slipping down my face.

Why was this so hard? We were friends! I though our friendship mattered more, but if it was so easily broken over such petty things as these, then perhaps out friendship was never true to begin with. The thought of that petrified me. My shoulders shook with silent tears.

I plopped down in the crow's nest and reiterated that thought.

Perhaps our friendship was never true to begin with.....

I sighed. Would things ever get better? No, there is no hope. There is no faith.

There is no trust.....

There is only mineral dust.

__________

I have resorted to sitting up here all day. I don't want to move. I don't want to talk. I don't want to eat.

Fly! Perhaps flying would cheer me up!

I stood and crouched down, then leapt up into the air.

The air in my hair, the wind on my face, the sea breez-

I landed back in the crow's nest with a thud.

What?

I couldn't even fly.

---------------------------------------------

A/N Sorry it's so short, but this needed to happen because it's setting up a lot of what's to come.