Crying With the Wolves

Start from the beginning

The car takes Rain to P'Pakin's private residence. The maid that greets him takes him to a room where he can shower and change clothes, there is a closet full of several different sizes of clothes as if P'Pakin often takes in wayward wolves. Rain suspects this is the case, his mother had told him that the Bangkok pack leader was a mix of kindness and sternness that made him the most respected pack leader in all of Thailand. The maid brings Rain a tray of food after he cleans up and tells him to rest, P'Pakin will see him in the morning.

As Rain's mother predicted, P'Pakin immediately accepts Rain as a member of his pack. He helps him with all his identity paperwork and even provides him with a generous bank account. He also helps to get Rain into a university as an architectural student and even finds him a roommate, a fellow student and a turned wolf named Sky.

Rain immediately hits it off with Sky, they seem to be polar opposites but they quickly become fast friends. Rain is moved with pity when he hears Sky's story. Sky had come to Bangkok at sixteen to attend highschool, he had met Gun in a bar one night after too many drinks and had thought the older man loved him. He didn't know at the time that Gun was a werewolf that enjoyed toying with humans. Forcefully turning humans was against the law in the Bangkok pack but Gun had used his connections to stay off the radar, doing whatever he wanted with the humans in his control.

It had been a battered and broken Sky that had found his way to P'Pakin after escaping his so-called boyfriend one night. Knowing he could be punished, Gun had disappeared and P'Pakin's men were still searching for him.

Sky tells this to Rain so he can be careful of any strange wolves. He has shown Rain a picture of Gun, but says there are others that follow Gun's lead. Sky knows there is a strong possibility that Gun will show up wanting revenge and this prediction proves true a few nights before they are to begin their freshman year at the university. Luckily Rain had been out buying supplies and saw several werewolves into the building that their dorm was in. Rain recognizes their leader from the picture that Sky has shown him and immediately calls P'Pakin who says he is sending his second in command, P'Chai and some men. He tells Rain to sit tight and not try anything but Rain is too worried for his friend to wait. He strips and changes into his wolf form before slipping as quietly as possible up to their dorm. Rain uses his key trying to slip in unannounced but is apprehended by several big wolves.

"What do we have here?" one says.

"This is my dorm," Rain growls, "Let Sky go." He struggles against the arms that are holding him.

"Not likely, little hero. Gun has unfinished business with your friend. We will gladly entertain you while we wait though." The wolf says. Rain increases his struggles and manages to bite one of his captors on the arm. The man retaliates by slapping Rain so hard across the face Rain sees stars.

There is a noise outside and several new wolves rush into the room subduing Rain's captors. Rain rushes to the bedroom where he sees Gun has Sky, still in human form, pinned down and is taunting him. Rain is relieved to see that his friend appears unhurt. He barrels himself at Gun and takes him by surprise. Rain is a little ball of fury snapping and biting at Gun, when the Bangkok pack pulls Rain off of Gun he other wolf is bleeding profusely in several spots. It's one particular wound that makes all the male wolves cringe, but Rain isn't the least bit contrite. The bad wolf had deserved it for the things he had done to Sky before he had escaped.

It's this wound and Rain's slightly manic grin that earns him a reputation among the Bangkok pack for being slightly unhinged.

A handsome wolf with almost honey golden fur moves to check on Sky. Rain knows this is P'Pai, a high ranking member of P'Pakin's pack. Ever since Rain has known them P'Pai has had nothing but heart eyes for Sky and although Sky likes to act cold, Rain feels as if the turned wolf returns P'Pai's affection.