Chapter 5

I heard foot steps and the moving of items.
"Hi Melanie" he said smiling the soft smile he always does and pushed me in. As soon as I walked in I was greeted by John, but he went back to his stance on the laptop on his bed.
"Melanie, I have to show you something" Gabe said, pulling me out the door.
"Then why invite me to your house?" I asked in a confused voice.
"You'll find out" he says as we turn another corner. We went down to the part of the school surrounded by woods, and followed a gravel path that no one seemed to notice. At the end of the path was a colorful clearing with different flowers and trees.
"This is for the Plant geeks, but I thought this was something you'd like." He says smiling. I don't respond immediately, but as soon as I could pull myself to talk, words just seemed to spew from my mouth.
"This has been on campus the entire time!" I said in a voice resembling a childs.
"Did you think they would leave us with nothing to do?" He laughed out.
"Do you even know the principal" I cried out. He laughed as he took a flower out of a tree and tucked it behind my ear. I blush after he dose it, and he stares at me with his soft smile and wondering eyes.
"Well we better get going, don't want the Nerds to find us" he says as he leads me out. He walked with me down to my dorm, and waved goodbye as I stepped into it.
"Lovers" my roommate says to me.
"No way Mady, dream on" I say in a voice like the principal. She laughs but returns to her computer in less then a second. All of did for the rest of the night and think while staring at the roof.
What if she's right, you practically can't control yourself around him, and today doesn't make things better. I thought as I threw a pencil and caught it. I continued my train of thought until I heard the head master knocking on all of the doors. The mere sound sent my roommate to hide her laptop and tidy up as fast as possible. While she threw another uniform in the wash bin, the loud know echoed through are room. I shakily answer and she walks in. She makes a noise like she was thinking and scratched something down on a piece of paper.
"Cleaning duty tomorrow" she says pointing to Mady.
"and Library Duty" she said while holding a finger out to me. As soon as she left, I heard Mady sob "What did I ever do to deserve this," over and over. As usual, I was stuck with hours on end of organizing books and checking due dates.
I went to sleep after that, and I would need it to get through the shit that they called library duty.