happy christmas

08

"Finn, is Dad even home?" Oliver questioned.

"Not sure honestly. I haven't talked to him since we left."

I chimed in, "All right then. We possibly could be entering a home that we'll want to leave immediately, which we can by the way and just go to Grimmauld early, or, I can sleep in my bed tonight safe and sound.

We stood outside of the brick townhome in Central London for around five minutes before we could muster up the courage to go in.

"I'm going," Oliver announced.

He went inside, looked around and came back out. He then yelled, "It's safe!"

Finn and I smiled. Both of us were just thinking Thank God. We all need a break from the constant social time and worrying of You Know Who for a week; assuming that our father was going to be gone that entire time.

I ran inside and crashed on the couch, "I missed this place. Though it does have an overwhelming smell doesn't it?"

Oliver agreed, "I can never put my finger on it, but whenever we come home there's always just a disgusting smell."

Finn chimed in, "It's Dad. He must have been here recently. Hopefully, it was just him checking on the house and then he crawled back into his cave."

After several hours of everyone vegging out in their rooms, I yelled, "I am starving. And neither of you is going to be feeding me. We're ordering some takeaway."

Finn and Oliver came out of their rooms and nodded their heads in agreement.

They had the best meal possibly in weeks. Chinese. Their favourite.

"So Nora, I wanted to apologize," Finn spoke up,

"For what?"

"I'm sorry I overreacted on the train earlier."

Oliver inquired, "You two talked on the train?"

"Yeah" I replied, "I had to use the loo but Ginny and Dean were snogging in the entrance, so I had to use the Slytherin one,"

"Ah," Oliver replied.

"Anyways," Finn continued, "I'm really sorry that I got mad at you. I guess I just wasn't prepared for you to ask about Mum."

"Wait," Oliver said, "You asked about Mum? Why?"

"Well, during Snape's... training I guess I'll call it, he unlocked a memory that I honestly did not even know I had. It was about Mum. I still can't remember it entirely. The only things I remember are us three being in a closet, hiding with Mum and Dad possibly fighting with someone. I don't even know."

"Huh," Oliver said, "I don't remember that."

"I do," Finn replied.

"Of course, I don't remember it entirely, I mean it was so long ago. And I was only maybe four, so it's mostly just I remember the feeling of it, not really the memory itself. Do you guys want to hear about it? What I can recall of course."