"Fleur deserves better than this, if she had fallen in love with me then that would be fine but it's not fair for her free will to be taken. She deserves better than to just be a slave" Harry said as he reverted his attention back to the book

"Harry" Appolline's expression softened as understanding dawned on her "there is no way. Trust me" Harry looked up at her "Fleur is not the first veela to have a mate and many Veela parents have tried to separate veela from their bonded, there are stories among Veela of children dying or becoming insane because their parents separated them from their bonded or because their bonded have refused them"

"One thing, I don't understand" Harry's voice was slow and pained "why are you so supportive? I understand that your daughter will stay alive and sane, but you don't even seem worried that she is basically my slave from now? I could do what I want to her you know. I could use her body to gain favours, I could make her spill all her blood for me and she'd do it. I could cheat on her and have her later in the evening anytime I want. Why aren't you more worried?"

"Magic is a wonderful thing" Appolline smiled "and I know that it chose you for a reason, it wouldn't have chosen you if you were the sort of person who'd do those things"

"I don't have a problem with hurting people, in fact I've hurt people before" Harry replied "and I would not hesitate to hurt again"

"Yet I'm confident you won't hurt Fleur" Appolline replied, her voice full of confidence "if anything, I expect you to hurt people for Fleur. You seem like the type. Do you have any other problems with this?"

"Yes, it's not real love, is it?" Harry replied "Her magic is forcing her to love me, that can't be the sort of relationship you want for your daughter"

"You know my husband made the same arguments as you when he heard about this" Appolline gave him a small smile "though I don't think you have to worry. If there wasn't a possibility of you two falling in love with each other, then you wouldn't be bonded. I think her love for you is as real as can be"

"Why?"

"You two are alike, you're both judged by your looks and receive attention you don't want. When Fleur was born, I was worried that she'd end up in a loveless marriage with some idiot who only saw her for her looks. Someone who'd use her like a rag...or maybe she'd have to settle with someone unworthy of her but able to resist her allure. Are you perfect for Fleur? No. You're younger and there are probably more problems"

"Like my face?" Harry looked at her with amusement

"Are you ashamed of your face? Disgusted by it?" Appoline asked

"No" Harry answered without hesitation "I like looking like this, even when I pretend I don't. This is the real me, and I like it. I know sometimes I joke about it and act pitiful but I do like it. But I don't think anyone ever imagines someone looking like me as someone they want to become their future son-in-law."

"Like I said, you are both judged by your looks. You by your scars and her by her good looks and allure. You understand each other. You have suffered, and from what I know, people who suffer either cause others to suffer or protect them from it. I think you fall into the second category, at least with Fleur. I'm not glad that you've suffered, but it's made you the person you are today, there is no need to be ashamed of it. Going back to your love, Fleur truly does love you. I've seen fake love made from potions and allures. Fleur is not the first veela I've met who has a bonded.

I've met two others, one was my grand mother, the other was an old friend of mine, both passed away years ago. The friend, when I saw her the first time after she bonded she looked at her bond mate I saw her eyes and I saw that she felt almost forced to love her mate...or at least I did at first. It turned out that person she was looking at had put her under a love potion and was apparently not her mate...that bastard is in prison now"