three

💋💄 chapter three . . .

ananya never really thought that she'd run into anyone from her high school after she'd moved away from her town for college, and that too at a nightclub far away from her town on a saturday night.

but here he was, dhruv varma, aka the 'wallflower' from their year. and to be honest, she didn't remember much of him from high school because she was caught up in her own problems back then (yes, she had spread a scandalous rumour or two around school) to notice him.

dhruv flashed her the kind of smile that already made her feel a bit weak in her knees, "it's been so long!"

"dhruv, hey—" ananya began, pushing her hair away from has face.

fuck. he was really fucking attractive. she didn't remember him looking this good in high school, but she guessed that's how puberty works.

and being drunk and sloppy wasn't her best look. so much for first impressions.

"hey." dhruv said again, with that smile.

"you're here." ananya said, and she cursed herself for saying that. of course, he was here. she was just pointing out the obvious to him.

"ha, yeah. i just got here last week," dhruv nodded, "y'know what they say—big city, more opportunities." he shrugged, looking around him.

"uh-huh." ananya nodded. she wished she hadn't drunk so much that her thoughts were all over the place.

"didn't think i'll run into you here." dhruv slipped his hands into his pockets.

"i didn't think i'll see anyone from our city here." she laughed awkwardly.

too blunt? too honest? did it say how she'd hoped that she wouldn't run into anyone from her city?

"i'm glad you're here, dhruv! it's a great place! and there's a lot to see. and you're already hitting the clubs!" she quickly amended.

"oh yeah, i thought i'll get a drink. it's a saturday." he smiled.

ohkay. now, there were two things that she could do—she could say that it was 'nice running into him' and leave with isha, or she offer to drink with him. they could 'catch up', y'know? and at this point ananya was too drunk to even deny that she was looking for an excuse to talk to him because he was so fucking hot.

"oh. let's get a drink together then. i'd love to catch up with you." ananya offered.

there. she said it. she wondered if she'd gotten too bold since kabir. if she didn't stop, she was really gonna embarrass herself one of these days.

wait, what if he said say no

"oh, i'd love that." dhruv nodded.

oh, thank god! she would've really lost it if he said no, because that was gonna be a huge blow to her ego (which was inflated as fuck!)

"great!" ananya smiled.

really great!

"i'm actually here with a friend. i'll introduce you to her." ananya began, because he was carrying the conversation till now. she should offer something

she knew that she needed to stop worrying so much about this in the back of her mind whenever she was talking to someone, but ananya was really bad at starting conversations (or keeping them interesting, for that matter)