two

💋💄 chapter two . . .

here's a little secret about ananya; she didn't really take things as easily as she pretended to.

sure, she might have emptied the glass of champagne on his fucking face, but did that do anything to make her feel better? not really.

ananya had dealt with breakups before, but that was mostly situationships that ended on bad terms. but kabir was her first full-blown boyfriend. and this was her first real break-up. and break-ups always hurt like hell, especially if it was your first one.

"ananya . . ." her friend, isha, sighed. "he was mid anyway. don't think about him." she offered.

when things got bad to the point of wanting to rewatch absolutely trashy bollywood movies just to get that 'ugh' feeling over something other than kabir, isha stepped in to help. ananya and isha had been friends since college, and let's just say that they've been through thick and thin (that 'thick and thin' included a lot of boys, drunken misadventures back when they were shit at handling alcohol, and all the fucked up things they did in college) ever since.

ananya nodded, although she knew that she was saying the 'he was mid' part just to cheer her up, because kabir was far from mid. he had those kinda dark eyes and a perfect jawline that made her go weak in the knees when she thought about it.

"he was mid." ananya repeated, just for the sake of convincing herself.

(liar liar, pants on fire!)

they sat in silence for a minute, and the only sound in the room was the rustling of the empty packet of chips that ananya kept fisting in her hands.

"do you feel any better?" isha asked after a while, turning towards her.

"no." ananya replied.

what's the point in lying right now?

isha sighed, leaning back against the wall.

"just let him go, nya." isha said, "he's an asshole. and you told me that yourself." she reminded.

"well, yeah, but—" ananya began, "this is the longest relationship i've been in, ish! and he—"

"he broke up with you to marry someone he barely knew?" isha offered, raising a brow.

"ish!" ananya frowned. ouch.

well, what isha said basically summarized everything. and it sounded so fucking stupid when she said it aloud.

ananya was silent for a moment, before she sighed, "well, yeah."

"i told you he was bad news, nya. i told you." isha said.

if isha was a therapist, all her patients would flee in tears at her blunt honesty.

"don't gloat, ish. that's not a good look on you." ananya frowned at her, pulling a tissue from the box to blow her nose.

to be honest, yes, isha had told her a lot of times to leave him. but she just ignored all of his (obvious) red flags and here she was. maybe she should've listened to isha, but she would never tell her that, because her ego would go off the roof.

isha just leaned back, switching off the television that was playing on mute. 

"honestly, nya, i think you should move on." isha turned to her.