Chapter 2: A day on the job

He presented me with a gun, one I swore I'd never use. Yet here I am, that same gun resting in my pocket, ready to end a life with it. We initially declined, but had no choice but to accept once he put the gun to my mom's head and threatened to shoot. I'd love to live a normal life, but when you've worked your way up in a group of government assassins, it's pretty hard to live a life that's even remotely normal.

Today's target is a man named John Brooks, who apparently spoke out against the government and actually made valid points. God forbid someone make some decent suggestions that don't align with a piece of paper that was written over 100 years ago. I sighed, I've never really agreed with the idea of literally killing anyone who disagreed with the government, it's like they can stand the idea of the public knowing anything but "Government Good, No Change Needed".

But it's my job, so I need to work for the very system I disagree with.

I check my phone. The destination is 5 minutes away. More than enough time to dwell on the fact I'm about to eliminate another chance of getting out of this sick and twisted system.

I've killed just over 200 people in my time with the GOA (Government Opposition Assassins). It didn't take much to turn me into an efficient killing machine. Over a 3 month period I was taught Krav Maga, how to snipe with pinpoint accuracy, how to make and identify deadly poisons, how to wield a knife, and many more deadly skills. I've been told that my rank in the GOA is not due to my skill, but rather my cold willingness to kill without remorse.

At this point I've fully accepted that I'm a monster whose sole purpose in this world is to kill.

I hop off my bike and flip down the kickstand. Brooks' house is large and sturdy with cameras around every corner. I sigh, houses with cameras are always some of the hardest to get. If I try to break the cameras then the loud shattering will alert the victims that someone is at their house, which means that I need to snipe from a long distance. I look through the window to see John and his wife eating dinner. Stealing my face, I raise my gun. 

A/N: Sorry about how short this chapter is, just get ready for the next one, it's like only a paragraph 😅.