Apparently, there was ongoing bad weather that wasn't caught by any forecast during the previous days.

As Yeji promptly made her way towards the counter to ask for the details, Chaeryeong moved closer to Ryujin.

"Sucks that they didn't catch it in the forecast."

There was a pause – the brunette seemed to be lost in contemplation.

"Yeah."

"What's up with you?" The redhead eyed her curiously. "You've been zoning out."

Ryujin looked directly at Chaeryeong.

"Ryeongie. I-I bought Yeji a parting gift."

The redhead tried her best not to let her laugh out, but failed.

She isn't laughing because it was ridiculous. Giving a friend a parting gift is pretty normal in her opinion, even if the trip would only last for several weeks. She was laughing because Ryujin, one of the most composed people that she had known – at least since after Yeji left and before she returned again – looked so scared by the thought of handing over the gift.

"Why do you look like you've seen a ghost, then? Just hand the gift over when she comes back."

"I-I'm not sure if I've overdone it."

"Well what did you get her?"

"A ring."

Chaeryeong's eyes grew wide.

"A ring?!"

"Well, not the one you're thinking of. It's not too fancy." Ryujin explained.

"You know that movie that she used to like a lot? The one where we've always teased her about looking like the white dragon in it."

The redhead nodded, waiting.

"Well I came across a listing of a rare merchandise when I was browsing the online market and saw the rings."

"Rings???" That earned an eyebrow raise from Chaeryeong.

"Well, they're couple rings inspired by the two dragons in the movie. And they won't sell me one if I don't buy the other."

"Hmm. I don't see why this bothers you. Just don't let her know that you bought two. There shouldn't be a problem." The other girl quizzically responded.

Ryujin sighed.

"You're right. I'm probably just overthinking it."

"Overthinking what?"

The two almost jumped out of surprise, they didn't hear Yeji's return.

"Just the usual stuff at work." Ryujin quickly recovered and stirred the conversation elsewhere. "How did it go with the flight crew?"

The cat-eye's eyebrows instantly met, with a matching worried expression in her face.

"They said it could take six to ten hours. So people are free to go home and rebook if they'd please. But those who'd like to catch the flight should stay nearby in case they get the go signal."

"Six to ten??? What a bummer." Chaeryeong reacted. "And oh, I won't be able to stay here because Dad's gonna arrive in the company soon. Will you be okay?"

Yeji looked defeated and slumped on the seat as she nodded. "Yeah. I'll be fine here. You go ahead, Yeongie. I've already troubled you enough."

She directed her gaze towards Ryujin.