🏙️Chapter 2: "On to New York!"🏙️

As soon as Sally got ready to go as she smiled as she put her sun hat on her head. She went to Lightning's room who was now getting ready as well.

Lightning's heart started to throb more intensely than ever before in his life, his blood started to go colder than a winter blizzard at night like he had hyperthermia from the winter's storm. He tried to calm down, he was trembling. But why was he trembling? This hot-shot Piston Cup racer was afraid, but why? And what made him jumpy all of the sudden? But it wasn't important to him as he heard the door knocking that made him jumpy as he slightly got his attention. His mind was compromised as he heard Sally's voice.

"Stickers," Sally called out, "Are you almost done?" Sally asked with a smile.
Lightning shook his head.
"Oh-Uh! Y-Yeah!"
Stammered Lightning as he yelled out from
the other side of the closed door.

Sally smiled bigger as she walked outside to meet up with Mater as she heard his voice.

Lightning nodded as he looked down at his suitcase as he looked more scared of what would lay in New York City. He desperately tried to forget his hometown for twenty-five years, but now the memories started coming back. Twenty-five years was a long time that he tried to forget about it. Then last as a heartbeat he looked at Doc's jacket as he approached the open closet in his hotel room as he grabbed it he looked down at it as he looked at it. His eyes widened as he saw the jacket that Doc used to wear when Doc was alive. Lightning sometimes wished that Doc was alive so he could hear his voice again. He hugged the jacket as tears stroked down his face as they dripped on the hardware wooden floor. He sighed as he looked at it again. He wiped the index tears off his face as he sighed. And everyone was right, no one can replace him. Not even Lightning McQueen.

As Lightning calmed down for the matter of seconds of him crying as he remembered Doc Hudson. The fabulous Hudson Hornet. The only person that he would look up to. But he's gone and now Lightning knows that he has to step up to his game and has to live on without him. No matter how hard life is, he won't let himself be pushed around by anyone. As he calmed down he put Doc's jacket in his suitcase before shutting the top of it. As he walked out of his hotel he met up with Sally, Mater, and Holly Shiftwell. Mater's girlfriend.

Sally went over to Lightning as she was happy to go on this trip together. Lightning faked a smile as he wanted to make her happy, but deep down inside he wasn't. But he faked it but nobody knew it, not even his best friend Mater. But he sometimes wished they knew what was happening and maybe he could let them help him.

"So," Holly began, "Are we all ready to go to New York City?" She asked as she held Mater's hand while smiling with excitement but keeping it inside.

They all nodded.

Holly smiled. "Perfect! Let's go!" She turned around as she kept holding her lover's hand with such love and support. Mater followed along with her as he smiled. Sally followed along with them as well.

Lightning stood there for a second as he thought about it for a moment as he started to think skeptically as he knew something would go wrong if they went to his hometown. He shook his head as he followed the three people that they are his friends, but if he had Sally by his side he knew that he was not alone. Not anymore. And not now.

As they arrived inside the plane while they were at the Airport they took off as Lighting stared at the window as he was sitting next to Sally. He then started to think about his childhood for some reason, it was an old emotion that he felt. Anger, depression, grief, and anxiety. He felt it was old emotions, but he was always with him, he'd always been inside his head. Not the controlling presence of a child, but a lingering feeling that Lightning McQueen has never felt before. The flight to New York City was a five hour flight. But it didn't bother him as well as it did when they were at Radiator Springs when they were getting ready.