Shocker and More Demons

Start from the beginning

"Sometimes."

Spider-Man: But you love me, right Yuri?

Yuri Watanabe: I tolerate you.

Spider-Man: Wow. That might be the nicest thing you've ever said to me.

"That's kinda sad."

Spider-Man: Looks like I got some free time. Maybe now's a good time to look into that mask.

[His phone ringing.]

Spider-Man: Oh. It's MJ. Hey MJ. You're up late.

MJ: Just catching up on the news-- looks like you had quite an adventure with Shocker tonight.

Spider-Man: Yeah, he was unusually combative. Anyway, thanks again for dinner, what do I owe you?

MJ: How about a favour? You still have that mask from the gallery?

Spider-Man: Yeah. I'm actually on my way to the F.E.A.S.T. Center now to ask Martin Li about it.

Miles and Peter started grinning.

"Why are you two smiling?" Wanda asked, normally she would read their minds, but she wanted to find out

"You'll find out. It's ironic."

"I still hate him." Miles whispered to Peter

"It'd be hard not to, he affected your family quite hard." Peter whispered back, intentionally not bringing up the fact that he killed Miles' dad

MJ: Martin Li? Why?

Spider-Man: He has a degree in Art History. If anyone knows about the origins of that mask, he will.

"He sure does." Mary Jane said to Peter

MJ: Just keep me in the loop. Like I said. I think there's a bigger story here. And I plan to be the one to break it.

Spider-Man: Uh, sure. So I can call you, like whenever?

MJ: Yeah. Whenever, whatever.

Spider-Man: So I guess we're talking again. Cool. Almost morning. Mr. Li will be here soon. I could use a snack...

"Why are you always hungry?" Mary Jane asked Peter

"Enhanced metabolism."

[Later at F.E.A.S.T. Center.]

Martin Li: Peter! What can I do for you?

Peter: Sorry to bother you, Mr. Li... She's doing a story about art imports, and she found this piece... and she wanted an expert opinion on it, and I know you have a degree --

Martin Li: Let's see what you have. Interesting. Where did she find it...? A replica of an antique Chinese opera mask. I haven't seen one in years. This symbol here roughly translates to "Demon."

Peter: "Demon"?

Martin Li: My father read me ghost stories with that mask and symbol in it when I was young. Scared the hell out of me. Peter, listen. That mask, it's... It could be connected to dangerous people. Mary Jane might want to find a different story.

"Not happening, bud."

Peter: You think she's in trouble?

Martin Li: I don't know. Why take the risk?

[Peter leave and call MJ.]

MJ: Hey.

Peter: The symbol inside the mask means "Demon." It really spooked Mr. Li. Never seen him like that. He even said you should drop the story.

"Now that I know the real reason he wanted me to stop, I would've done the story five more times."

MJ: Fat chance. Do you think Mr. Li knows more than he's letting on?

Peter: No. I think he just had a weird flashback or something. I know his childhood was pretty traumatic...

"Oh Peter...how wrong you were."

Wanda couldn't take it anymore and read Peter's, Miles', and Mary Jane's mind.

She saw Martin Li setting off a bomb, killing many people. 

She saw Miles' dad killed in front of him.