Chapter 55- Melonlord

Start from the beginning

Katara returns back from the attic, clutching a scroll in her hand. "I have a surprise for everyone!"

"I knew it!" Toph exclaims with a bright smile. "You did have a secret thing with Haru!" Sokka, Suki, and Zuko look at her strangely.

"Uh, no." Katara said, everyone else starts eating again.

"I always thought they would make a cute couple," I agreed. "Haru is pretty cute."

"Hey!" Sokka exclaimed. "Not with that new mustache, he's not."

I played around with my bowl of rice. "I dig it." Sokka huffs turning away from me.

"Anways," Katara said. "I was looking for cooking pots in the attic, and I found this!" She unravels the scroll showing a painting of a happy dark-haired baby playing at the beach. "Look at baby Zuko. Isn't he cute?"

Everybody except Zuko giggles and awes lightly.

Suki examines the picture. "Awe, look at his chubby cheeks." She then takes Zuko's cheek and squeezes it teasingly.

Katara noticed Zuko's annoyed expression. "Oh, lighten up. I'm just teasing."

"That's not me. It's my father."

Katara rolls up the painting.

"But he looks so sweet and innocent." Suki sadly says.

"Well, that sweet little kid grew up to be a monster, and the worst father in the history of fathers."

"But he's still a human being." Aang said from afar.

"You're going to defend him?" Zuko questioned.

"No, I agree with you." Aang stands up. "Fire Lord Ozai is a horrible person, and the world would probably be better off without him, but there's got to be another way."

"Like what?" Zuko growled.

"I don't know." Perking up, Aang said. "Maybe we can make some big pots of glue, and then I can use gluebending to stick his arms and legs together so he can't bend anymore."

Sarcastically, Zuko replies. "Yeah, then you can show him his baby pictures, and all those happy memories will make him good again." Suki and Sokka laugh.

Excitedly, Aang said. "Do you really think that would work?"

Bluntly, Zuko says. "No!"

Aang sighs, pacing back and forth. "This goes against everything I learned from the monks. I can't just go around wiping out people I don't like."

"Sure you can." Sokka teases. "You're the Avatar. If it's in the name of keeping balance, I'm pretty sure the universe will forgive you."

"Sokka," I lightly warn him.

Aang turns back to Sokka; losing his temper. "This isn't a joke, Sokka! None of you understand the position I'm in."

"Aang, we do understand. It's just..." Katara tries to explain.

"Just what, Katara? What?" Aang's voice rises.