[ chapter two ] early riser

With the loud ringing of her alarm Carrie woke up. She'd completely passed out last night and needed a second to figure out where she was. This was definitely not her dorm room, the bed was way too big for that. Right, she remembered, she had gone over to Porco's place last night. Though she definitely had not meant to sleep there.

Shit.

Today was Monday. As in the start of classes and she had her most important class this morning, because of course she did. With an impressive speed she got up and stripped before realizing she had not brought any clothes over and with a glance at the time, she knew that she had no time of going back to her dorm. Mentally she set herself a reminder to never smoke and pass out in Porco's apartment the night before class again.

Where was he anyway? She was completely alone in the room and it was completely quiet outside of the room too. Maybe all the frat guys had early morning classes, too. She doubted that. They probably were all sleeping through their hangovers. Without thinking twice she slipped into her sweats from yesterday and one of Porco's shirts. So much for a good first impression. Within the next two minutes she put her shoes on and spurted out of the frat house. Internally she praised herself for having thought of her laptop, when she had made the obviously stupid decision to stay at Porco's while high off her ass. Lucky for her, the campus was in walking distance from it.

With only four minutes until she'd be late for her class, the girl sprinted through the halls. Seemingly out of nowhere a guy started running beside her. He seemed to be about her age. He was pretty tall, about 6 foot give or take, and generally pretty broad in frame. His dark brown hair was on the longer side, though she couldn't tell how long it exactly was, since he had tied it into a bun. A few strands were falling out however, given that it was tied pretty loosely. At least from what Carrie could tell by glancing. He grinned as he looked over at her. His eyes scanned her, noticing the sweatpants, her slightly messy hair and an array of hickeys covering her neck.

"Rough night?"

His voice was deep and had an easily detectable mocking tone to it. For a second she was offended that a total stranger would ask her that, then she remembered what she must look like right now.

"Something like that."

She looked at him and was met with his bright green eyes. Something about them was really interesting to her. She pulled her eyes from him trying to find the lecture hall, where she was supposed to be in three minutes. Her issue was, that every college had a different way of numbering the rooms and usually she would have taken the time this morning to figure it out, but of course nothing ever went as planned. She scrambled to get her schedule out of her bag. And even though the room number was clearly on there, she had no idea whether she was even going the right way.

The boy noticed her confusion and reached over mid-run to snatch the sheet away from her.

"You're new."

He scanned the paper. His words had been more of a statement than a question. She really was making this way too obvious. She leaned to take her schedule away, but he just moved it out of her reach.

"Look, I really don't have time for this, I'm really la–"

"You're going to Professor Ackermann's class." He laughed. "You really picked out the worst class to be late to."

Carrie glared at him, still desperately trying to get her schedule back.

"Gee thanks, can I have my schedule back now?"

He ignored her, still studying the paper.

"You sure have many classes for a sophomore."

He grinned holding the paper out for her to take. She swiped the paper away from him before he could pull his hand back again. Who did he think he was to judge her workload? She'd maxed out the 18 credits she could take this semester, because she had to, but that was none of his business.