unusual.

...

A small breeze made the the boy shiver,it wasn't necessarily cold.. A natural reaction.

The day at the office was awfully silent. The quietness of the room was obscene, it made Atsushi sigh.. Wishing for someone to speak up, deciding he shouldn't.

He looked up from his papers to his mentor, who sat into the uncomfortable chair and worked.. It's.. horribly wrong.

Atsushi felt his own hands coming on top of his forehead, feeling a sudden headache kicking in.

The silver headed boy got up from his seat, ignoring the stares he got from his colleagues, contrary from Dazai who didn't bother to look.

Quickly arriving to the bathroom where any painkillers would be to stop this unending pain, he opened the cabinet to find that every medicine's had been removed from here...

He hates it.. Why did he have to do it.. Why did his friends.. no, colleagues. Have to found him like this? He's never seen his mentor so disappointed.. He knew he would disappoint everyone. He looked upon his own reflection inside the mirror, just to gaze at the headmaster. Of course he was there.. Never once did he left once they found him,

"Such disgraceful way to say thank you, Atsushi."

"See? They're all disgusted.. disappointed in you"

"Worthless excuses.. So you choose the easy choice?"

....

Make it stop... no please...

Atsushi muttered under his breath, a few salty droplets falling onto the floor while his desperate attempt to wipe them away failed.
The headache only grew stronger each passing seconds, the only thing Atsushi wanted to do was smash his head onto the glass in front of him. But he knew he couldn't Unfortunately. They would be here.. again.. they would be so disappointed...
When he turned on the cold water of the sink, the voice of his mentor called him.

"Atsushi. You're taking awfully long. What is it?"

He turned around, eyes looking down to avoid meeting the gaze of his superior.

"I had an headache... I wanted some painkillers. I should've guessed you would hide them. I suppose kunikida did it...?"

"You are right. We hid them."

Dazai sighed, approaching Atsushi and putting his hand on his shoulder to make the younger one look up.

"Dazai-San.. I'm..so-"

"Don't."

"..."

"He's there, isn't he?"

The boy nodded in response, gaining another soft sigh from his colleague.

"Atsushi, I want you to rest. You know you're not allowed near medicine without us again.

...

It's best you go to your room"

Dazai tried to sound cold or..somewhat unfazed. But for once, he fooled no one. His expression was one of worry.. He truly cared for his mentee.... He tried to not get too attached but it was already too late for that.

"Dazai-San.. I.. my legs hurt.."

"I know Atsushi. I know.."

"Can..you help me..?"

After some time, he felt himself getting lifted up.. He closed his eyes from exhaustion, resting in the comfort of these arms...

_____________________________________________

Atsushi was sleeping soundly, curled up on himself seeking for comfort, warmth.. But unfortunately it was already gone and no one was here anymore. Dazai had left the second he was sure he was asleep into his own bed.

But that was foolish, Atsushi was destined to suffer from the past.
He really thought he was getting better.. he hoped.. He found someone.. he was saved from the abuse.. from the starvation..
He felt affection, love, friendship..

But all of these got destroyed long ago now.

He never actually recovered. Inside his mind, he was still that young boy, trapped into this cold cage.
And that, yes that woke him up not long ago after dazai's departure.

_______________

The air isn't cold.. but he still shivered.

A natural reaction..

The silver hair giving in to the small breeze, making them get on the boy's face.

He took one step.. two steps.. No one.. Only Atsushi.

The worthless weretiger. The foolish weak boy. The pathetic self-pitying tiger.

The burden he inflicted upon his..friends will soon be gone.

And so, Those lifeless eyes shone once again for the last time, the bright moon making his golden tainted violet eyes tear up from the joy of liberty.

The third step came.

"ATSUSHI!"

No answer were spoken, for the simple reason thet the boy fell long ago now.

The body was crushed in the ground, blood spilling from the unrecognizable body of his dear co-worker, his mentee, his..

"Rest well, Atsushi."