Chapter 48: A Day of Glamour

Brenna

"Are you ready for the big day, Princess?" Asana asked, arriving early in my condo the following day.

"As ready as I'll ever be." I stood back and opened the door wide for her and the crew to come in when suddenly a huge yawn escaped my lips. "I'm sorry, but I didn't get much sleep last night."

A broad smile spread across Asana's lips. "Ah! Too excited for the big day, huh?"

I shrugged. "You could say that."

Actually, I had dreamed of Adan all night. Whenever I closed my eyes, I dreamed of him with another woman or had nightmares of him deciding that he didn't want me. But I knew I had to stand my ground. If I caved in and gave him everything he wanted, I'd never get anything I wanted. And I refused to spend the rest of my life being subservient to anyone, including him.

After last night, he'd probably already given up on me, anyway.

But today was the day of my Luna Presentation Ceremony, and I refused to let anything ruin it.

"Well? Are you coming?" Asana asked, motioning with her head toward the mini I salon in the back of my suite.

I nodded and followed her back, trying to think of anything else than Adan.

We spent the rest of the day getting ready for the ceremony, stopping only to have pizza at lunch.

"Knock, knock!" I looked up, and Magenta was standing in the doorway once again. "May I come in?"

"Sure! I'm glad you're here." I motioned for her to come in. "Would you care for some pizza?"

She shrugged, laughing as she walked in. "I haven't had pizza in a very long time." She picked up a slice and took a bite, chewed, and swallowed. "So, are you ready for tonight?"

"I'm looking forward to it, but I'll be glad when it's over." I let out a deep breath. "Have you seen Adan today?"

She nodded. "Don't worry. Everything will work out."

"Okay," Asana said between bites. "We'll get you dressed as soon as you're finished. So, eat while you can now because I don't want to take a chance on you getting anything on your dress. After we finish, we'll leave to get ourselves ready, and then we'll see you at the ceremony."

I sighed as I nodded. "Don't worry. I'll be careful. If you like, you go ahead and leave, and I'll get myself ready." I had had enough of the girls' day and was ready for some time alone before the ceremony.

"Nope! Not on your life!" Asana slipped another slice of pizza onto my plate. "We're not leaving until you're in pristine condition."

"I sound like a car, needing to be waxed and detailed." I chuckled, shaking my head.

Everyone laughed.

"As a princess, I'm sure there were many occasions when you had to dress. This should be nothing new." She took a bite of her pizza, looking at me as if I had four heads.

"Of course, but I'm usually not a 'dressing up' kind of girl." I shrugged. "Not all the time, anyway."

"Well, as the future Mate of the Alpha and the Pack Queen, you'll need to get used to it.

I nodded, wondering what was going to come of Adan and me. I would have liked to share tonight with him, but after last night, I doubted he ever wanted to see me again.

Magenta gave my hand a gentle squeeze, as a kind smile lit her lips. "Don't worry. Everything will work out." Obviously, she had read my mind but wasn't saying too much so everyone listening wouldn't catch on. Oftentimes, I found it annoying that she read my mind all the time. But now, I was glad.

"Thank you." I released her hand and went back to eating, not knowing when I'd have an opportunity to eat again. "So, is everything ready for tonight?"

Magenta nodded. "I just came from the Standing Stones, and everything's set."

Each Pack had its own Standing Stones, the most sacred place in every Pack since the existence of shifters. The Standing Stones at Stonehenge were probably part of an ancient Pack, now long gone.

"Good." I tilted my head to the side. "Thank you, Magenta."

"For what?"

I shrugged. "For everything."

"Okay, everyone!" Asana announced when everyone was nearly finished. "Let's get this show on the road! Remember: we have to have enough time to ourselves ready, too."

A rumble of agreement resonated throughout the room as everyone finished up.

"I guess that's my cue." I took another bite of my pizza slice and stood.

"Here. I'll get that for you." Heidi took my plate before I could object. "Go ahead and sit in my chair, and I'll be right there."

Magenta shrugged, smiling, obviously enjoying my discomfort a bit too much. "I'll see you at the Standing Stones later tonight." She gave me a quick hug. "Be ready at seven o'clock."

She headed out before I could ask anything more.

"Okay! Let's roll!" Heidi held the hydraulic chair for me while I sat.

My Glam Squad spent the rest of the afternoon putting the finishing touches on me until I sparkled. Heidi did my hair up in loose curls that fell over one shoulder, reminding me of a Grecian goddess. The pale blue dress had a sweetheart neckline with small, dropped sleeves, even with the top of the gown, exposing my shoulders, arms, and cleavage and sparkled when I walked.

"Thank you for everything," I said to everyone when they were ready to leave.

They all smiled and nodded as they left.

"Is there anything else that you require before I go?" Asana smiled at me proudly, the last to go.

I shook my head. "No, thank you. Go! Get ready yourselves. I want you all to be there tonight, too."

Asana looked over her shoulder and smiled. "We wouldn't miss it for anything in the world." She gave a quick wave and then headed out.

After everyone was gone, I stood in the living room, wondering if I should go on down or wait here. But Magenta had said to wait until seven, so that was what I intended to do.

Not that I was eavesdropping, but I couldn't help but listen to see if Adan was in his condo next door.

Nothing.

But if I went to him first, I'd get nothing that I wanted... besides him. My inner wolf thought that just having him would be enough, but I wanted more. If it had been up to my wolf, she would have rolled over as soon as she saw him, but not me.

As I stood there waiting alone watching the clock tick by, a part of me wondered if that would be so bad, after all.

***

A/N: So, would you like to have Brenna's Glam Squad? I know I would! :-)