❦ Chapter 11 ❦

1435 Words

Prompt: ''I'm not going away with you.''
''And I'm not leaving without you''

TW: Accident, blood, passing out,

. . • . ° .• °:. * ° .

𝓐𝓼 𝓵𝓸𝓷𝓰 𝓪𝓼 𝔀𝓮'𝓻𝓮 𝓫𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝓽𝓸𝓸 𝓵𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓽𝓸 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓰𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓻𝔂
- 𝓢𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓲 𝓢𝓪𝓵𝓪𝓽𝓪

. . • . ° .• °:. * ° .

𝓐𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓮𝓷𝓭 𝓲𝓽 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓰𝓮𝓼
𝕎𝕖𝕕𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕕𝕒𝕪 ℕ𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕞𝕓𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝕤𝕥, 𝟚𝟘𝟚𝟛

I've been sick for a week now. A whole week. I even missed Halloween yesterday. My friends had a blast celebrating it and being weird. Rose had fun and she was sad I couldn't come with her. Now she demands we wear matching outfits next year, and I agreed to that. It sounds cute and I'm sure we can find some fitting outfits next year. This year I was sulking on the the couch. 

Kate did pay me a visit yesterday. We talked a bunch and she too held my hair back as I puked. I saw her Halloween outfit and let's just say that it was short and hot. She laughed at my reaction; staring with my mouth open before making grabby hands at her. I hugged her and then gave her a kiss. I could never wear something like that, just because I am way too insecure about my body. She isn't and it's awesome, she shouldn't be. Sadly I couldn't stare at her all night because she was going around town with our friend and I had to stay at home. 

It's November now, normally I would be blasting Christmas music to irritate my Dad. He likes Christmas, just not on November 1st. Right now I'm hunched over the toilet trying to empty my still-empty stomach and it hurts. 

''Hey, oh-'' I hear Scarlett before she holds my hair back and rubs my back. ''I'm taking you to the doctor's today.''

''No'' I say once I lean back against the bath

''Why not?'' she asks

''Because I don't need a doctor''

''You have been sick for a week now, you're not keeping any food in. You need to get checked out, your Dad thinks so too.'' She says

''Then why doesn't he take me,'' I say before getting up and walking out of the room. Of course, my walls decided to come back up today. I've been accepting her comfort for a week now, I guess this is my limit. 

I walk downstairs and grab a piece of fruit.

''Doctors today?'' Dad asks and I shake my head.

''Don't need one, I'm feeling great,'' I say and turn around to see Scarlett standing there, looking at me with a raised eyebrow. I keep looking her in the eye while I take a forceful bite out of my apple before walking straight passed her, back up to my room. 

I lie down on my bed and overthink my actions. I honestly don't get what is wrong with me. I thought I was getting better, that I was letting her in. I thought that being sick was a sign from my mom, but I guess it wasn't. There is a knock at my door and I groan, I just want to be alone. 

''Hi sweetie, I called the doctor and you have an appointment at 2 pm. Scarlett will go with you.'' He says and I sign

''We will see'' I say and he shakes his head before walking out again. I groan again before closing my eyes, I hate my life sometimes.

. . • . ° .• °:. * ° .

''Wake up honey'' I hear Scarlett says as she strokes some hair out of my face. I slowly open my eyes and blink a few times before I open my eyes fully and look at her. This is a new way to wake up, and I don't dislike it. This whole week I've been wondering if this is what it's like to have a mom and I feel like this is it. But I don't know if I want it or if I want to accept it. Next to that, I don't want to put Scarlett in a position she doesn't want. I mean she chose to be in a relationship with my dad, she didn't choose for him to have a daughter. 

Sure Dad accepted Rose as his own but I don't want to expect the same from Scarlett. I'm old enough to take care of myself and I don't need a mother figure. Never had one and I turned out pretty okay, if I say so myself. Sure I get a little jealous when I see little girls, including Rose, having loving interactions with their mothers, but what can you do about it?

''We need to be at the doctor's soon, can you get up and get ready?'' Scarlett asks and it brings me out of my thoughts. 

''Sorry, what did you say? I was lost in thought'' I tell her and she smiles at me.

''We need to be at the doctor's soon. Can you get ready to go? I'll make you some quick food.'' She repeats and I nod. I can get ready, but I don't want to go to the doctor. Scarlett gets up and leaves, closing the door behind her. I overthink life for a second before I move to get out of bed. I'm still in my PJ's, so that won't work. I changed into some joggers and a T-shirt. I walk into the bathroom and brush my teeth and hair. I put it up in a bun because it was annoying me. During my morning routine, I noticed that I was a bit cold so I pulled one of Kate's hoodies out of my closet, yes the spot I left empty for her is filled up. It took about a week. I don't mind it, I love wearing her clothes. I quickly snap a picture and text it to her, to hopefully make her smile.

I walk downstairs and see Scarlett plating up some sandwiches, so I take a seat at the barstool. She smiles at me again and puts the plate in front of me and I thank her before digging in. After I'm done I put my plate in the dishwasher and try to walk back upstairs but Scarlett stops me. 

''Stay here please, we need to leave in a few minutes.'' She says while standing in front of me.

''I'm not going away with you,'' I say and she raises her eyebrow

''And I'm not leaving without you'' She snaps while placing a hand on my shoulder, guiding me back to the barstool. I didn't expect that so I'm pretty speechless. Normally she doesn't say anything back.
''We are going to the doctor and I would appreciate it if you stopped behaving like a toddler about it,'' She snaps a little more and I still sit here in shock. I get it, she has had enough but I didn't expect her actually to be this strict about it.

''I'm sorry'' I say softly after a minute of thinking

''No, I am. I'm sorry but we need to get you to the doctor honey. So let's go'' She says and I nod walking behind her. I put my coat on and followed Scarlett to her car. We drive away in silence and I connect my phone. I'm looking at my playlist, trying to find the right one before finding the perfect one; Bad Dreams - Pete Yorn, Scarlett Johansson. I put it on and I see Scarlett shake her head.

''What? I had to choose something you know,'' I say in defense

''So you chose one of my songs'' she says, sounding amused. 

''Yes, and this one is the best'' I say and she smiles. The lyric starts and we both sing along to it. I missed singing in the car. Scarlett still pays close attention to the road while singing alone. I do my little happy dance, especially then Tomorrow - remix starts playing.  

We drive through a green light and I'm about to say something to Scarlett when all of a sudden there is a sharp pain in my left side, glass everywhere as the car spins. Scarlett's arm holds me pressed to the chair as we both scream. I feel blood run down my face as my side begins to numb out. The car slowly stops spinning. 

''Omg, Faith, are you okay'' Scarlett asks frantically and I wanna tell her I'm fine but everything goes black before it does. The last thing I manage to do is grab her hand, hoping she won't let go.

. . • . ° .• °:. * ° .

Written: November 11th, 2023
Edited: November 21th, 2023
Published: November 22th, 2023 (HAPPY BIRTHDAY SCARLETT! (and Hunter & Mark ofc))