CHAPTER 18: SPOOKY SCARY S̶K̶E̶L̶E̶T̶O̶N̶S̶ ZOMBIES

Beginne am Anfang

"I just need to keep playing it cool; if anyone ever finds out about this..." Stan said, trailing off before looking at the framed picture of his niece and nephew. "Heh, yeah, right. I've come this far. Who could possibly catch me now?" Stan asked rhetorically as he pulled on a six fingered-glove. After putting on the glove, Stan pulled a switch labeled max power, sending bright blue light across the town.

Wendy Corduroy shifted in her sleep, subconsciously avoiding the bright blue light.

Gideon Gleeful's right eye shot open, initially thinking it was Cipher before realizing he was alone in his cell.

Techno was mining and didn't notice the blue flickering behind him.

Philza was sleeping like the old man he was, wrapping his wings around himself as blankets while Ghostbur and Friend hugged on top of him.

.

.

At a government surveillance building located deep in the desert in Redacted, Redacted County, Redacted, Agents Trigger and Powers were looking at an information display.

"See there! There it is again!" Triggers said, pointing to the graph.

"We haven't seen readings like this for thirty years." Powers said gravelly.

"Is it coming from deep space? An enemy weapon site?" Trigger asked as the screen zoomed in on the source of the readings.

"Just as I suspected. Gentlemen! We're going to Gravity Falls." Powers said, turning away from the screen and issuing orders to the other agents in the building.

.

.

Stan shot awake, looking blearily around before realizing he had fallen asleep in his chair in the secret basement and his alarm was going off. "Oh right. Showtime."

.

.

The Shack was celebrating its grand reopening, with Stan, Dipper, and Mabel standing on the checkout counter in front of a crowd of townsfolk and tourists. "Welcome, to the grand re-opening of the Mystery Shack!" Stan declared, causing the crowd to cheer. "We're here to celebrate the defeat of that skunk Li'l Gideon!" Stan continued, pulling out a Gideon plush from below the counter. The crowd boo'd, but Stan calmed them down. "Please, Please... Boo harder!" The crowd boo'd again, but with more gusto.

"But I didn't catch that pork chop all alone. These two scamps deserve SOME of the glory" Stan said, wrapping his arms around the twins, playfully rubbing Dippers head. Mabel elbowed Stan in the gut. "Ugh, okay, okay. Most of the glory."

Toby Determined, publisher of the local tabloid, held up his camera. "Smile for the camera!"

"Your camera's a cinder block, Toby." Stan deadpanned, looking at the cinder block painted to look vaguely like a camera.

"I just wanna be a part of things..."

"Smile for a REAL camera." Shandra Jimenez, news anchor for the local news network, said pushing past Toby.

"Everyone say 'Something stupid!'" Mabel said. Mabel poked her cheeks, Stan did jazz hands, and Dipper pretended to be chocking as they said, ""Something stupid!""

"And don't forget to come to the after-party tonight at eight." Stan said, pulling out a poster for the after party.

"We're doing a karaoke bonanza, people!" Mabel yelled, lifting the karaoke machine up to the counter next to her. "Light! Music! Enchantment!" Mabel yelled, blowing confetti from her hand. "And an amazing karaoke performance by our family band, Love Patrol Alpha!" Mabel declared proudly, pulling a hand drawn picture from her pocket.