𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

Start from the beginning

They hung up.

My hand shook, still pressing the phone into the side of my head, too scared to move. It wasn't until the phone buzzed that I quickly pulled it away, seeing yet another message from the anonymous number.

*312 Applework Rd*

An address.

I scoffed. A stranger is stalking me, knows things about my life only close family knows, and wants me to go to some random address? How stupid does this person think I am? I'll just call the police and-

*Buzz*

4:42 pm

From: Anonymous

* I think you're smart enough to make the right decision here *

There's no fucking way that thing just read my mind. It's coincidence, that's it. That's all this is. Just one big, and very unfunny, prank being pulled by one of my old friends using a voice modulator... right?

I scramble to type in the address I was sent, simply to get more information on what's going on here. My heart pounds in my chest as the loading sign spins impossibly slow before revealing some creepy abandoned warehouse. By the looks of it, there must have been some sort of fire here at some point. Black ashes and missing pieces decorated parts of the building, though most of it remained intact.

A website about it was still up and running with a brief description:

"The Candy Apple Productions team welcomes you to their home away from home. Come tour the behind the scenes magic of all your beloved shows and movies, including: Donna the Adventurer, Pinky, and..."

"No.. it's a coincidence. Surely it has to be a coincidence."

"...Welcome Home."

⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-..ઇଓ

After making a couple calls to the moving company, I found out that the driver had somehow gotten the wrong address and that my things should be arriving sometime late tomorrow. Great.

I decided it would be best to stay away from my phone and try to keep my mind off things. As long as I stayed inside with my doors locked and windows covered, this mysterious stalker couldn't bother me... I hope...

My phone could be heard going off across the room, but I didn't bother looking up at it. Instead, I kept my head down and continued reading , drawing, coloring, etc.

My plan seemed to be working as the ringing stopped. But I couldn't celebrate victory just yet.

"I don't appreciate being ignored"

Everything around me seemed to collapse as I slowly looked up to my phone, seeing the call had somehow answered itself.

"I'm trying to be nice here but if you don't cooperate im going to have to take matters into my own hands."

Cautiously, I inched closer to the phone, not daring to make any sort of noise.

"Why don't we see what your dear mother has to say about-"

"You stay the hell away from her." I blurt out the demand, blood boiling in a mix of rage and fear at what this threat could mean.

"Come to the address before sundown tomorrow and maybe I will."

Once again, the call was ended.

My blood boiled inside of me. Feeling like a soda can that was shook up too much, yet had no way of being opened. I wanted to scream. This wasn't fair. I should be happily decorating my new home and meeting the neighbors, not wondering if i'll ever see my mother again.