Chapter 7: Tyrant

Start from the beginning

"Good call."

The two of them stepped out of their hiding spot and glanced down on their hands that are still attached to each other. Leon had to admit that Jasper's touch felt warm and comforting against his skin. They pulled their hands away much to his disappointment.

"Sorry," Jasper apologized.

"It's fine," Leon reassures him quickly. "Come on. Let's go."

The two made it back to the stairwell in the east wing and went downstairs to the two rooms that are still locked. Jasper unlocked the door leading to the observation room. He nearly jumped when he spotted a dead officer's corpse curled against the shelves by the door.

Leon followed Jasper into the room and they start to scavenge the room for supplies. Leon found a blue jewelry box with an ornate design and two red gems on the lid. "Hey, I found something!" Leon notified the detective.

Jasper turned around and examined the blue box in Leon's hands. He sees the alcove in the center, seeming as if it something could fit in it. "That red jewel you found. Do you think this is it?" Leon asked.

"Let's find out," Jasper replied as he grabbed the red jewel. Placing the gem in the slot, it clicked into place and the lid opened. Jasper's eyes narrowed in confusion as he took out what was in the box. "A S.T.A.R.S badge?"

"Why would that be locked in a jewelry box?" Leon inquired as he closed the jewelry box and placed it back on a table.

Jasper turned the badge over and spotted something on the back. He pushed up on it and something popped out of the top. "Is this... a USB?"

Leon perked up at the detective's find. "That's for the computer back at the S.T.A.R.S office, we can use that to open the armory," Leon told the detective.

"If that's so, then we better get going," Jasper stated and Leon nodded before they leave the room, still cautious about the brute that is still on the loose.

The two went back to the main hall and the moment they entered the library, they heard the sound of a door flying open. They looked up to see the titan—as Jasper would like to call it—barge in from the storage room door and stomp towards the ladder. "Hide!" Jasper whispered-yelled.

The titan jumped down from the ladder, making the floor rumble beneath them. Jasper and Leon ran through the lounge and Leon locked the door before they rushed down to the S.T.A.R.S office. They entered the room and closed the door behind them, hoping that the titan didn't spot them and would pass by the office without barging into it.

"Do you think it spot us?" Leon inquired.

"I sure as hell hope not," Jasper answered. "That lock won't hold him off. We have to do this quick."

Leon rushed over to the computer and plugged the USB drive into the system unit. "Come on..." Leon grumbled impatiently as the computer was slowly loading. Eventually, he was able to open the armory. "Got it!" The cop entered the armory and grabbed what he needed.

"What did you find?" Jasper asked after Leon exited the armory.

"A magnum. Not a lot of ammo, though," Leon said as he showed the powerful handgun to Jasper. "So... where do we go from here?"

"I think I remember passing the door with the same symbol as the key we used. It's on the first floor," Jasper informed.

"Well, we better get going."

The moment Leon and Jasper left the S.T.A.R.S office, they heard a sound of a debris crumbling behind them, a sign that the titan has broken though the door. "Run! Now!" Jasper demanded before the two of them took off running down the hall.