Chapter 12- Dead Past

Start from the beginning

"Topper shut up," I yelled. 

"Who's Daniel?" Rafe asked with a concerned tone, he noticed how his name triggered me intensely. 

"She hasn't told you?" Topper asked Rafe and he shook his head. 

"Topper shut up," I told Topper but he ignored me. 

"Daniel is her ex-boyfriend, he-" Topper started but was quickly interrupted. 

"Topper don't you dare finish that sentence" I warned him. "Topper please, please don't" I begged as tears came to my eyes. 

Daniel was the past and I never wanted anyone to bring him up. He was part of the lowest moments in my life and I never want to re-live them. 

"Lillian, what happened with him?" Rafe asked me, I stayed quiet. He turned his head at Topper and he shook his head, meaning that he wouldn't say anything. Thank god. 

Daniel was dead to my eyes. 

"Lil, what I meant to say is that I want what is best for you, if you're truly happy then so am I. Sorry for bringing him up." Topper said. 

"It's fine, and thank you, I really am happy." I told him and Topper smiled. 

Rafe wasn't listening he was thinking about other things his gaze was directed at the road but I could see that he was thinking about something that was bothering him. 

"Can you drop me off at my house please?" I asked Rafe. 

"Of course Love," he said and pulled to my driveway. 

"Thanks for today and don't you dare tell anyone about Rafe and me ok?" I warned Topper and he nodded chuckling. I got to my room and changed into my pajamas. I texted with the pogues for a while and then went to bed.

Rafe's POV:

Topper was going to crash at mine today because he had a fight with his mom or something, so I pulled into our driveway. 

I wasn't in a good mood though, I was relieved that Lillian told Topper about us but I was also wondering why she didn't want to tell me anything about this Daniel dude. Topper knew and I think she trusted me more than him so why didn't she want to tell me? I really wanted to know. 

Normally I would let it go and respect her decision but it's the way her face changed as soon as Topper mentioned his name. It was like she was getting flashbacks or she was brought back to those times. Her face was just frozen almost traumatised, what happened with him? 

Does she think I would be jealous or something? Did he do something to her? All of these questions haunted me the whole night. 

"Rafe?" Topper called from the room he was staying in. I came in there and he looked at me meaningly. 

"I need you to promise that you will treat Lillian the way we both know she deserves to be treated. I'm letting you know that it won't end well if you ever hurt her. I'm just letting you know." 

"Top, I would never hurt her. She's my everything, I- I think I'm falling in love with her. Actually, I know I'm falling in love with her. I could never live without her, I would never do anything stupid to fuck what we have up. I promise." I told Topper, I meant every single one of those words with my whole heart. 

"Okay, but just know I warned you." Topper said and I nodded. 

"Top, I have a question," I asked Topper. 

"Shoot," 

"What happened with Daniel?" I asked and he froze as well. 

"Rafe, it's not my story to tell," Topper told me. 

"I know, I know but please understand that I need to know. If it's something that triggers her I need to be the one protecting her from that." I tried to convince him but he shook his head. 

"Look Rafe, all that I'm telling you is that he was extremely toxic and did lots of bad things to her. But please don't force her to talk about it. She just closes up as soon as anyone mentions his name." Topper warned me and I nodded. 

"Top?" 

"What now" Topper answered slightly pissed, he knew what I was about to ask him. 

"Who knows about what happened?" I asked and he groaned before giving me the answer: The pogues, Sarah, him, her parents, and my parents. That was the list of people who knew what happened with Daniel. I needed to know what he had done to my girl, but I wanted to find it out from her.

Lillian's POV:

I woke up the next morning with a text from Pope:

Pope💙

Lil, do u wanna go to the beach cleanup today with me?

My pops is forcing me to go and the guys don't feel like coming

Me

Ofcc

Pick me up in 20

Pope💙

Kk

I put on a triangle top bikini and a pair of jean shorts. I brushed my hair and braided it into small sections. 

The beach cleanup was something that happened every year. Once on the Pogue beach and once on each Kook beach. It was mainly a charity event in which residents got together to clean the beach from the trash. Pretty self-explanatory. 

Pope rang my doorbell and I let him in, he said hi to my parents and they greeted him as well and then we got in his dad's truck and drove to the pogue beach. 

My parents really liked Pope, they liked him more than John B or Jj because he was much smarter and extremely polite, they were also friends with Heyward, his dad. 

We checked in and started catching up. 

"So. What's up with you and the Cameron boy?" Pope asked me with an interested look on his face. 

"Look Pope I'm sorry, things just happened and I really like him, he really likes me and I'm happy. So please be happy for me." I begged. 

"Lil, as long as he treats you right I'm fine with the relationship. Just promise me that he isn't like Daniel." 

Ugh. Him again. 

"He's not, and as always please don't mention him." Pope nodded. 

"It's just that you said these things when you first got with him too. But he just dragged you down in such a deep hole. You were at such a low point Lil. I never want anyone to do that again to you." Pope said. 

"I know, thank you. Rafe is different though, he makes me laugh, and smile he makes me feel so special and he could never do what Daniel did to me. I promise." I told him, he needed to be convinced. 

"Okay. If he makes you happy. Then I'm fine with it. I won't tell the pogues but you really should. They will be fine with it." He told me and I nodded. 

I hated lying to my best friends. I hated it so much. I needed to tell them. 

Notes from the Author: 

A new character!!! Daniel! You'll learn more and more about him and his actions in the next few chapters. I'm so exited to see how it will play out with everything!! If you liked the story vote and if you want to tell me your thoughts feel free to comment, it would make my day!! Thank you so much for reading!!

Love you all so much!! X