Jump Scares

Tony Stark loves to have fun with his fiancé, y/n. She scares easily and Tony loves to have fun with that fact. Throughout their years together, at whatever chance he's gotten he has yelled "boo!" or sometimes he would just jump in front of her while screaming "AHHHH" just to see her jump out of her skin. But afterwards he hugs her and calms her down, comforting her, but not without laughing a little.

One day, Tony is standing in their yard, his mind lost and wandering in deep thought. Unbeknownst to him, y/n seized this perfect opportunity for a playful scare. Sneaking up behind him, she let out a booming "BOO!" right next to his ear. Startled, Tony jumped and nearly lost his footing, while y/n erupted into fits of laughter, almost losing her balance herself. Y/n attempted to hug him, but he pulled away from her, crossing his arms.

"Nooo, don't touch me," Tony frustratedly pouted.

"Why not?" she asked, still laughing a little.

"You scared me! And you're a bully. That's why."

With a pouty and adorable look on his face, Tony tried to keep up his sulking act, but y/n was quick to point out the hypocrisy.

"Tony, you've been scaring me for years! I'm just returning the favor. Besides," she said as she held up her left hand, pointing out the beautiful diamond ring on her finger," you're kind of stuck with me forever now, so you'll have to let me hug you at some point."

Tony responded by raising his head high, looking away from y/n. "Nope. I want it back," he said. Y/n knew he was joking and couldn't resist mocking him.

"Well, that's too bad because it's super gorgeous, and I plan on keeping it. Or maybe I can give it to the next insanely handsome guy who wants to propose to me."

Tony blushed a little but, flattered by her commentary, but still continued to go along with her teasing, squinting at her, trying to gauge how far she would take the banter. He remained silent, challenging her with his gaze. Y/n met his eyes, raising her eyebrows, accepting his challenge. And after a few seconds of their little staring contest, y/n spoke first.

"Fine," she said, walking away, head still held high.

"I'll see if Steve wants to propose to me—ahhh!"

Tony swiftly picked her up from behind, catching her in his arms and interrupting her sentence. Y/n burst into a fit of giggles as he set her back down.

Turning to face him, she wrapped her arms around his neck, their faces inches apart.

"No. You're mine," he reminded her, followed with a kiss.

With a mischievous grin, Y/n asked the question on her mind.

"So does this mean I'm forgiven then?"

Tony, maintaining his nonchalant demeanor, replied, "I'm not quite there yet."

Y/n tightened her grip around his neck, putting on a pouty, sad face and pulling him down slightly.

"Pleeeaaasssee," she begged. Tony looked at her, trying his best to resist her adorable expression. But finally, he gave in, considering her apology.

"Would that really make you feel better?" he relented. And y/n's face immediately lit up at his question.

"Yeah! Please?" she asked as she could see that he was still thinking about it. Tony couldn't resist her charm any longer. "Okay, fine. I forgive you. But only because you're so freaking adorable." He scrunched his nose at how adorable her pouty face was and, booped her on the nose as he finished forgiving her. In response, y/n's face lit up with the brightest smile.

"Yay!"

They shared another loving kiss, their lips locking in a tender embrace.

"I love you," y/n reminded him.

"I love you more."

Y/n opened her mouth to object, but before she could, Tony silenced her with another passionate kiss.

Impressed, she said, "Well played. But you're still wrong."

Tony laughed, reveling in one of the things he loved most about her: her unwavering determination to always be right. They walked hand in hand, heading inside to make lunch together, their love and laughter permeating the air.