"Home"

-----☆-----
Rewritten it again, but I swear this is the last time I'm re-writing this chapter!! I promise - promise!
-----☆-----

In the dimly lit recesses of an overground bunker lay an empty cell shrouded in secrecy. The heavy iron bars stood as a formidable barrier, concealing the danger within and preventing more people from being harmed.

Inside the cell, darkness envelops everything, save for a feeble sliver of light, seeping through a narrow slit in the stone walls. The air was stagnant, heavy with a foreboding stillness, broken only by the occasional drip of water echoing in the chamber. Cold stone floors and walls, etched with age-old tales, held the secrets of the countless souls who had passed through these confines. Empty shackles hung from the walls, their purpose lingering in the unseen.

In the confines of the cell, a lone figure huddled in the corner, hidden in the shadows. A young girl, her trembling form reduced to a mere silhouette in the dark, concealed her fragile frame from the world outside her block room. With each shallow breath she took, fear consumed her, augmenting the aura of suffering that enveloped the desolate room. Her wide, doe-like eyes darted around, scanning for any signs of danger. In her heart, she held the weight of an unimaginable pain, the kind that could break any knight.

Her eyes darted around, searching for any signs of the approaching guards. She knew all too well what awaited her - another round of painful tests, as they relentlessly probed and prodded her, pushing the limits of her undesirable abilities. The secrecy surrounding these experiments fueled her overwhelming sense of vulnerability. The air was thick with the weight of the unknown as she held her breath, awaiting the arrival of the guards who held her fate in their hands.

As had been anticipated, the guards soon entered the prison block, their footsteps echoed against the cold, grey walls. Nestled amidst the empty walls, they had a particular task at hand - to test the mettle of a young girl who dared to defy the boundaries of society. Her eyes shimmered with a radiant glow, reflecting the uncertainty within. The guards approached cautiously, this time not carrying an array of peculiar devices to test the limits of her powers, but instead heavy shackles. With each daily experiment, the girl's abilities were pushed to their furthest extent, disrupting the laws of nature as she proved that, despite her age, she possessed a spirit unbreakable by the confines of prison walls and painful gadgets.

In a clandestine twist of events, a blonde guard, adorned in an immaculate golden armour, emerged into the desolate prison block. The air grew heavy with anticipation, as murmurs of mystery followed his every step. With silent agility, he approached the young girls cell, her powers concealed within the depths of her soul. Swift yet unyielding, the guard restrained her with a firm grip, as if unveiling a secret of utmost importance. The atmosphere held its breath, shrouding this covert encounter in an enigma that whispered untold secrets and concealed intentions.

Too terrified to fight, the girl allowed him to forcefully remove her from the prison cell, concealing any trace of resistance or objection. Her actions spoke volumes of her determination to keep her true thoughts hidden, veiling her innermost secrets from those who seek to uncover and exploit them.

As the golden guard silently glided down the pristine hallway, his steps almost unheard against the spotless floor, he escorted the girl with an air of secrecy. The atmosphere surrounding them was in sharp contrast to the dullness of the adjacent cell block. Bathed in a warm, luminous glow, the hallway exuded an aura of mystery, as if concealing hidden passages and untold secrets. The guard's presence seems to hold a veiled purpose, leading the girl through this bright and clean corridor, away from the confines of the cell block, into realms unknown.

The girl bit the inside of her cheek, feeling the sting of anxiety as she was forcefully led towards the prisoners' carriage. Her heart raced, and her palms dampened with sweat, but she tried to maintain a facade of strength. The weight of the shackles on her wrists was a constant reminder of her newfound captivity. Every step she took, she felt the heavy gaze of onlooking guards, their eyes filled with curiosity, judgment, and some even pity. Fear pulsated through her veins, yet she quietly vowed to herself to endure whatever lie ahead, clinging onto a sliver of hope that someday, she would regain her freedom.
She would be unapologetically herself.
She would be...
Nimona.