Chapter Two

"What are they talking about?" Alex blinked in confusion as he leant on the chair Gerard sat in. "They somehow convinced Gray to join them for a movie night at Ben’s house.”

"Wow, they're making plans without us." Alex rolled his eyes watching Rowan and Ben argue over god knows what. "Yeah, the event is tonight," Gerard muttered, leaning back absentmindedly and stopping when he felt the back of his head press against Alex, who stood behind him. He didn’t flinch away immediately; he was not sure why, and Alex didn't push him off either.

Resting his head back against the dark-haired male, he found his thoughts slipping away. They stayed like that for a while in comfortable silence, both boys thinking of two different things. One of them pondered their near future, while the other reminisced about the past.

[Gotak Residence]

"Are you ready, dear?" Alice asked, placing a gentle hand on her son's shoulder. "Yeah, mom, I think so." Alex sighed, looking down at his phone and staring at the good luck text he had just sent Gerard. "Let’s go, my dear," he nodded, putting his phone in his pocket before walking over to the two cars parked by the house gate.

Alex was going to the venue in a separate car to avoid having his identity revealed before the announcement. A bit excessive in his opinion, but his father insists, saying something about people acting differently when they know they can get something from you. He was right; the way he was treated as ‘Alex Go’ compared to ‘Gotak’ was wildly different.

He watched the familiar city pass by in a blur of lights as he pondered how the night would go. He just hoped the contract he would have to sign went smoothly. Surely the businessmen wouldn't be too difficult to talk to?

At least he had an hour or so to survey the party without anyone's attention on him before the announcement. He sighed, leaning his head against the window. He closed his eyes, hoping his friends wouldn't change their views of him.

[The Party Venue]

"Enjoy your evening, sir." Gerard gave a small nod before walking away. He looked around the large venue, bringing refreshments to all the guests that were slowly piling in. Navigating through the crowds was harder than the green-haired teen expected, but he was getting through easier than he realized. Paying special attention to not spoil his suit in any way.

His eyes darted to the entrance every once in a while, surveying the people entering. Maybe it had been a hallucination, but he was sure he had caught a glimpse of Jimmy Bae’s right-hand man. He didn't pay too much attention to it though as the tall teen continued serving guests trying not to attract more attention than he already did on a daily basis due to his appearance.

"Pardon!" Gerard staggered a bit when a woman who seemed to have been in a hurry pushed past him, doing his best to balance the tray in his hand as he instinctively checked over the suit. A small sigh of relief escaping when nothing spilled. As he looked up, there was a certain dark-haired male in the corner of his eye.

"Gogo?" he frowned before shaking his head. There was no way Alex would be there. The teen wasn't sure what was getting to him, but Alex had been on his mind a lot more often than he should have. The tall male sighed, continuing to walk around, knowing that he couldn't just slack off.

"Hey waiter!" Gerard didn't even have time to react when he already felt a cold liquid splash on him. For a moment he was stunned, completely frozen, as he registered the red-burgundy liquid that dripped from his clothes. Immediately glancing down at his clothes, despair hit him like a truck. The liquid had soaked through, staining the white shirt underneath as well.

"You might wanna clean that up" His head snapped back up feeling anger rise in his throat as he recognized the snobbish voice. "Phillip…" Said male only grinned, swirling the remainder of the drink he splashed on Gerard. "You know I doubt you can serve people looking like that, its unprofessional