Chapter 17

Author's POV

Yoongi wasn't scared of many things. He had lived and grown up in the battlefield where he had to constantly risk his own life. People had tried to kill him again and again. Assassins. Enemies. It wasn't a new thing for him. Nor did he fear them.

But hearing that Jimin got hurt because of an assassin. Hearing that Jimin was hurt... It made his mind go blank. First came the anger. The desire to rip apart anyone who tried to hurt Jimin or looked at Jimin in the wrong way. Then came the panic. The scenarios of what could have happened. The vision of Jimin, not-breathing and dead...

Yoongi feels sick. "Yoongi slow down." He hears Hoseok scream at him but he doesn't care. Jimin needs him and he doesn't care about anything else. But he needs to get their fast because Jimin need him. He doesn't even realise how long he have been riding nor how fast all he knew was that he needed to reach Jimin. Hoseok and Jihyun riding after him.

Taehyung and Jin had asked to come with them but Yoongi had told them to come later peacefully in a carriage. No one protested.

Once they reach the Park Manor, Yoongi got down his horse leaving it with one of the guard. He doesn't wait as he walks inside. He is greeted by Jimin's mother. "Yoongi.. Jimin is upstairs. He won't speak to us. Please just.. just take care of him." Shieun says, she looks so distraught and troubled.

Yoongi doesn't say anything but nods. Shieun makes one of the maid lead Yoongi to Jimin's room. When Yoongi opens the door, his heart breaks. Jimin sits on the bed unmoving. The blood on his hands are dried and the cuts can be seen more clearly. The cut on his neck also stopped bleeding but the traces of blood was still there.

Jimin notices his presence looking up at him. And it is as if Jimin lets go of his controlled facade. Tears falls down as he gets up and runs towards Yoongi. "Yoonie... Yoonie.." Jimin mumbles brokenly. Yoongi takes him in his arms, hugging him tightly. "Darling.. it is okay I am here. Shhh don't cry." Yoongi whispers, his voice soft.

After Jimin stop crying Yoongi leads him on the bed. He turns around but Jimin stops him. "Don't leave please. I don't want to be alone." Jimin begs, his eyes full of panic. "I am not leaving darling. I will just go and ask the maid outside to bring things to treat your wounds. I will come back. Promise." Yoongi says. Jimin nods letting Yoongi go.

Yoongi comes back after a while with a box containing all he need to treat Jimin's hand and the cut on his neck. He sits down in front of Jimin and starts treating his wounds. Jimin winces at each dab. "It is going to be over soon." Yoongi says as he applies a gel on it after cleaning off the blood and bandages it well.

Next he starts with the cut on his neck. Yoongi feels like ripping the assassin into pieces seeing the cut on Jimin's neck. It was so close to vital areas. "I am sorry for not being there with you." Yoongi says. He felt the need to say sorry. Jimin shakes his head softly, looking at Yoongi.

"It was not your fault... Thank you Yoonie for coming." Jimin says. After Yoongi was done treating Jimin as best as he could, he puts away all the things on the table and sits back in front of Jimin.

"Tell me Jimin.. what happened today?" He asked. Jimin takes a deep breath in as he recounted everything that happened. "And I didn't know what to do. I broke the glass in my hand and used it as a weapon. It cut his face deeply. And then I managed to get the knife out of his hands. I don't think he was aiming to kill me there. He asked me to follow him quietly.. if..if the guards didn't came fast, it could have been dangerous for me.. because I was weak. I hate that I was weak." Jimin mumbles at the end pulling his legs against his chest.

Yoongi hugs him again. "You were not weak Darling. You were so strong. You were never weak and will never be weak." Yoongi says. The words instantly made Jimin feel a bit better.