Chapter 10 - Week 9

Start from the beginning

"... with ketchup and french fries"

Again, the group, including little James, laughed at Draco's dropped jaw "that Can't be good for the baby. Ow!"

Astoria slapped him on his arms "oh shush. If the baby wants ice cream and French fries, then the baby can have ice cream and French fries. It's not even that bad of a combination"

"It's Barbaric!"

"It's pregnancy, Draco" Astoria teased before turning back to Hermione "Anyway, are you ready? We have about forty-five minutes before your appointment and we still have to get across town"

"Right" Hermione turned to bid the Potters goodbye and began making her way to the front door, Draco following behind her with the squealing toddler still on his shoulders

"Well?" Ginny asked once she was sure Hermione was out of earshot

"Nothing" Astoria replied solemnly "I'm not giving up though. I'll find the proof of him cheating on her... that's literally the only thing that makes sense... Merlin, she doesn't deserve this"

"I haven't been able to reach him either" Harry adds seriously "I really hate to say it, but I think you're onto something Astoria"

"Wherever the hell he is, he better PRAY that I never find him OR his little side piece" Ginny seethed

"TORI! COMMON! WE'LL BE LATE!!!" Draco called out from the living room

---

Draco paid the cab driver and the three made their way into the doctor's office, Astoria laughing as her husband kept dissing Hermione's different cravings. They had just entered the waiting room when-

"Draco"

The three looked up in complete shock

"Mother?... Father?... what are you doing here?" Draco asked dumbfounded "How did you even know we'd be here?"

Lucius rolled his eyes "As if I couldn't get the billing address from the bank... you ARE using the Malfoy account to pay for this, after all"

"And as for how we knew you'd be here" Narcissa picked up "Astoria told me that Hermione had a weekly check-up today"

"I had just meant that I couldn't meet up for brunch on Wednesdays..." Astoria confessed, just as shocked as her husband "had I known you wanted to come to an appointment, I would have verified it over with Hermione first, and invited you to come"

"Well, we're already here now, aren't we?" Lucius asked with a raised eyebrow, glaring at the three younger adults

"I uh" Hermione started, clearly blindsided by the sudden appearance of the Malfoy Seniors "honestly, I'm just surprised to see you both here in Muggle London"

"Did you really think I would allow the future Malfoy heir to continue seeing some muggle doctor, without first verifying that they are worthy?" Lucius asked "I realize that you yourself are Muggle-born, Miss Granger, but know that should I observe that this chosen doctor of yours is in any way unqualified to caring for our future grandchild... surrogacy or not, you WILL be transferred to St. Mungos for the remainder of your pregnancy, where you will receive treatment and care from none other than the finest witches and wizards in the world. Am I understood?"

"Father!" Draco tried- Hermione held up her hand to him... she's got this

"I understand, Mr. Malfoy. So since I can guarantee the authenticity of Dr. Cruise, seeing as how she was my own pediatrician growing up, I am perfectly willing to let you and Mrs. Malfoy join us in the examination room today... if you would like"