"Team members of Faram Orbius. You must protect this country, even if it means trading your own life for that cause. You are now the last stronghold of this country. Through your utmost efforts, bring victory to Faram Orbius! I want to protect this country. And by my hand, I want to make this country even better. But for that to happen, this country must survive this plight and continue to live! Everyone! I am expecting greatness from you! Answer to my expectations! Win and protect this country's future!"

Cheers erupt from all over. If one strained their ears, they could hear it coming from outside the stadium walls as well.

"Thank you for your words!" The goalkeeper stepped forward and called out to her. "We take them to heart!"

He kneeled, and immediately the rest of the team followed suit. Their captain included.

"Tsurugi..."

Almost as if he heard his call, the navy haired boy turned to the brunette with a glare.

"Impressive. She united the feelings of her team and the crowd in an instant." Minaho muttered.

"I feel far, far away from home..." Manabe sighed.

Tetsukado scoffed. "It burns me up instead! Let's do this! Right, captain?"

He jolted out of his thoughts, giving him the best smile he could muster. "R-Right..."

He turned to the other VIP box, where the princess sat. As if she sensed his stare, she turned to their team with a kind smile.

That's right. I swore to Katora that we'll fight with everything we have at risk! To save this galaxy. So... So no matter what happens...!

"T-Tenma!" Shinsuke's call snapped him out of his thoughts.

Out the tunnel came a familiar man wearing a white suit.

"Coach Kuroiwa!"

"Has he come back to us?"

The dark spectacled man only gave them a look before walking towards the other team.

"Huh?"

"Why?"

"You're kidding me..."

When the human captain saw him, he only gave a nod. And like that, the man sat on their bench without a care in the world.

"Does this mean Coach Kuroiwa is being controlled too?" Minaho's theory was what they were all begging for it to be, but―

"No." That was the first word Tsurugi has said to them since their... reunion. "He is not being controlled. Of course, neither am I."

"Tsurugi..."

"Tenma! Earth will lose. Faram Orbius will be the one who will continue to live in this galaxy!"

"Are you serious? Are you really going to fight us...?" Tenma wouldn't accept that glare as an answer. "Tsurugi! Say something!"

"Coming to this planet, I realized that beating Earth is what's best for the galaxy." But the words that came out of his friend's mouth weren't any better.

"No way. Tsurugi..." He shook his head, trying again. "Tsurugi! Aren't we friends?!"

"I chose voluntarily to join Faram Orbius. Stop making me repeat myself."

"Tsurugi!"

He walked off, not paying heeds to his call.

~~~~~

In the final minutes before they were meant to go on the field, their final manager, trainer, and friend returned from wherever she had gone, not looking the slightest bit bothered by all that was happening.