| 𝐒𝐈𝐗 |

CHAPTER SIX...

The day of Melo's first Drew League game was very chaotic

The day of Melo's first Drew League game was very chaotic. Melo's whole family was showing up, and he was doing everything he could not to get in his own head.

"Yo, Dip. You just gotta chill." Gen chuckled as they both lay on his bed back at his house, listening to music while chilling out on their phones. Well, Gen was on her phone while Melo lied his head on her lap watching. "We'll just pull up, you'll mop the floor with them, and then we can go eat."

"'Mop the floor?'" He asked incredulously, almost immediately sitting up. "What are you, eighty?" He laughed as she blushed uncharacteristically.

"Don't laugh, we know my speech is really white sometimes. We've talked about this."

"Yeah, alright." He chuckled, standing up and pulling her with him. "Leggo."

The game started off slightly rocky, with a turnover from Melo since he was adjusting to the game style initially. He was also on edge because Gen was there, and anytime she was, he wanted to impress her. Just like he tried to serenade her when they were about fifteen with his pull-up half-court shot. That clip never got old for her, and anytime she saw it repeat on her feed, she liked it immediately. It never failed to make her blush.

Eventually then he turned the game around, moving with speed and agility that was crazy for his height. He knew how to finish a game, make it flashy, and end up winning by twenty.

Once he was done packing up, and he had answered any questions with the media, talked with the family, and gotten positive feedback from his dad, he met Gen back at the parking garage. "Hey." She smiled softly, hugging him tight around his waist because even though she was a taller girl, her arms naturally rested there. He hugged her back around her shoulders, looking around quickly to make sure no one was creeping on them as he then led her to the passenger seat of the lambo.

She had been sitting up front with Gelo and his girlfriend, but had quickly slid out like Melo told her to when the game had thirty seconds left. She was ready to congratulate him, already at the car with his postgame playlist ready.

"Can we get food now?" He asked slyly, pulling out of the parking spot attractively with his hand across of the back of her headrest in a way that made her want to blush as she looked up from her phone and smiled cutely.

"You got it done, so yes."

INTERVIEWER: STEVE
LAVAR AND TINA BALL RESIDENCE

"So between G League and abroad, what are you thinking?" Steve, another one of the producers of the Ball Family's show, "Ball in the Family," asked LaMelo during his interview.