Chapter 4: The First Day with the Brute!

Start from the beginning

Sighing softly, I walk back to the couch and plopped down. After a while, I got so bored. I tried to focus my attention back on the reports, but my brain seems to freeze every time my eyes connected to the words and numbers.

Zandros just went out for a meeting, and I have no idea when is he coming back. I decided I need a diversion to clear my head and maybe, get out of the building and have some fresh air would do the trick, and since I'm at it, maybe have something to bite since I only had coffee that was offered by her secretary, whom I heard her said Naeah who had the balls to correct the brute. I grinned when I recalled how brave she was to rectify Zandros of her name.

I wanted to applaud her, but I knew I'm just going to ignite his already flaming fury, which still bothers me what caused him to get in a bad mood. He was really impossible to read. Every second, his mood change. He's worst than a girl with a period.

I stood up as I hoisted my purse on my shoulder, and walked towards the door, thinking to venture around the block to find a decent diner to fill my stomach since it's already midday, my belly had been protesting since an hour ago.

I don't understand what's taking him so long? He was out since nine and now, it's passed twelve.

That dick just left me again, and now it's lunch.

Inconsiderate bastard.

I walked to the door and yanked it open. I saw Naeah, as she rose up from her chair, and pick up her purse. I had a feeling she's going for her break. I closed the door behind me and walk towards her direction.

I just notice the whole top floor was the CEO's office. There's a spacious handsome living area or a waiting area, on top of a gray furry carpet where two long leathered couch facing each other, with a long glass coffee table sitting a built-in bonsai tree, in the middle. And two leathered armchair at one end a few centimeters along the wall. Along the waiting area, were a long black designed wooden curvy secretary's reception desk and a two black swivel chair behind it. At the back were a long filing cabinet, a fax machine, and photocopier machines. There's a door that I believed connected to the little kitchen and living area, I guess for employees, such as themselves.

And on the other end of the elevator was a decent size of a closet for coats, for the guest or clients, with sliding doors.

She looked at me when she notices me standing across the reception desk.

I wonder who was sitting on the other chair.

When she saw where I was looking, she told me, it was Eiri, Zandros previous PA, and she used to be the assistant, but then she was replaced by her when she was fired, and until now, they can't find another to replace her previous position.

The HR hasn't found a capable one to be his assistant secretary. Few had applied, and none passed the qualifications. Nobody dared to apply since he was known in Athen as the heartless billionaire, and sometimes, I agree with them.

Poor Naeah, she had to deal with his brooding nature all the time.

"You are on your break?" I asked giving her my most friendly smile.

"Yeah," she replied shyly. I smiled. I remember, we were not formally introduced. That prick really has no manners at all.

"I'm Lauren Leventis by the way." I introduced myself as I gave her a warm smile and I stretched my hand. She took it as she mentioned her name.

"Naeah Kroutos." (pronounced as Ni-yah) Then she smiled sweetly.

"I'm going to have something to eat, too, would you mind if I join you?" I asked, crossing my finger she wouldn't mind. I like her. She looks kind, albeit rather shy.