P2: show my face?

Word count: 2033

Thank you so much to everyone who has waited this long and been so patient with this story. I finally have Chapter 2 for you guys, it's not amazing but I hope you like it! :)

~<>~<>~<>~<>~

Charles had never been a good cook. Bless his sweet soul, he tried so hard but nothing ever turned out. As the pancakes sizzled on the pan, he knew he was about to burst into tears if one more of the damn things started burning. Light footsteps drew his attention from the food and he looked up to see your sleepy face walk down the stairs.

"No!" he gasped, "Go back to bed-"

"Charlie..." he watched you yawn and shuffle towards him, it was clear you were not a morning person. Wrapping your arms around his body and nuzzling into his frame, he swore he felt his heart flutter. "Hi," you whispered.

"Hi," Charles chuckled placing a kiss on your head, arms wrapped around you as well. "Happy Valentine's Day..."

You looked up at him in confusion and he looked back with a small smile on his face. 

"Oh my god..." you chuckled, with everything that had been going on you had completely forgotten what day it was. "Happy Valentine's Day Charles,"

 He grinned and hugged you tighter burring his face in your neck. Admiring the warmth, scent, and long soft stands of hair that brushed his face.

"What's that smell?" you sniffed slightly, scrunching your nose.

"Shit!" he exclaimed, cursing at himself for completely forgetting about his pancakes. You looked over to the stovetop, where Charles was frantically trying to remove the burnt food from the pan.

God, this is embarrassing-, he thought, dumping loads of syrup on the pancakes, trying to remove the charred taste. He placed the pancakes in front of you motioning for you to try it.

Your eyes widened, a mixture of surprise and adoration washing over your face. You sat down and reached out to pull the dish towards you. Gaze shifting from the very burnt pancakes to his hopeful expression.

"I can't believe you did all of this," you said, voice filled with genuine warmth. "Thank you, Charles..."

"Oh, it's nothing. Honestly, because it's going to taste like shit-"

Your laugh rang through the air and Charles couldn't help but admire every little detail about you—the way your eyes sparkled when you smiled, the gentle curve of your lips, and the way your laughter filled the room with warmth. Every moment spent with you felt like a dream come true, and Charles had to remind himself that this incredible person had chosen to be with him.

You stabbed a pancake with your fork and brought it to your mouth, Charles tried not to laugh at the look on your face. Trying to mask the disgust with a smile and swallowing the food slowly.

"It's uhh, really good!" you choked.

"Love, I can tell when you're lying." he laughed. He noticed your face falter slightly, your smile was not as prominent and your eyes clouded over suddenly, just like they had the night before on the way home from the race. Trying to reassure you he said, "Don't worry about it, I was just joking-"

Your face shifted once more, "No, I know, thank you Charlie this was very sweet!"

He took the fork from you, finishing off the pancake you had started, "Ooo, it's crunchy,"

This had you giggling uncontrollably, Charles's eyes lighting up at the sight of you. During clean up he made a point of throwing out his charred meal by seeing how many baskets in a row he could make as the pancakes fell into the trash can. He then hummed a happy tune as the two of you did dishes, it made you happy that he was happy.