Ch 7: Fireworks (small NSWF)

Start from the beginning

After a million pleases and no's later

"Fine, Just stop saying please! And get me some chips, wave them around so they make a crunching sound and I promise I'll be there." "DEAL!" I fell through my shadow portal and landed on my couch. I grabbed the remote and turned on my T.V. "I'll maybe go a little early, waiting is boring."

MONKEY KINGS POV: "YOU INVITED MACAQUE!?" "Yeah! Isn't it great? Now you two can spend time together and vibe!" I felt my stomach somersault. "As if he'll even show up! Macaque never bothers to appear when there's fireworks. It hurts his ears... heh, In the past I'd run off with him to the Celestial Relam and stay there with him until the fireworks stopped. That was fun-" I stopped myself, realizing what I had just said. I shot my head in Mk's direction and saw stars in his eyes. "No kid-" "AWWW THAT'S SO SWEET <3!! You love fireworks but you went with Macaque instead!?" Mk held his chest. "Ugh my heart, it can't take the cuteness <3." I blushed and rolled my eyes. I can't remember much about what my Master did when he saw me run away with Macaque, but I do remember how much fun I had with Macaque. Swinging from tree to tree, stuffing are faces with peaches, running for are lives when we got caught, laughing and playfully pushing eachother, kissing eachother, holding one another in a tight embrace that was wholehearted and wholesome. I shook my head, my eyes welling up at the memories. "Yeah yeah, now come on! We have to go set everything up!" I created my cloud and blasted myself up ontop of the mountain. "Do you think Macaque remembers that memory like you do?" I didn't say anything, my stomach was starting to hurt. "You both were hanging out together! That means you guys still can! I'm gonna get Mei and-" I shoved a peach chip I had in my pocket in Mk's mouth. "I'm glad that your having fun fan-boying over my past with Macaque, but that's in the past and is going to stay in the past." Mk spit the chip I put in his mouth out. "UGH THAT CHIP WAS DUSTY! WHY WOULD YOU FEED ME THAT!?" "That's the consequence for talking about my past with such a person. NOW COME ON THESE SNACKS AREN'T GONNA SET THEMSELVES UP!" I laughed throwing him two packs of party sized chip bags.

Everything was set up, Mei had came early and helped set up some of the picnic stuff that we had to watch the fireworks in comfort. A few hours passed and everyone of Mk's friends were showing up already, It was 4:30pm though. I guess they wanted to be early and hang out together. Even Redson showed up! He had this thing that he was showing off to Mk, he totally likes him. I sat far away from everyone else, sitting on the edge of a cliff, dangling my feet from the high mountain. I was just listening to the birds chirping, they were happy now but would be just as sad as those lonely crickets when the day went away. "Still as lonely as I last saw you huh Wukong." I gave a small, but still no reaction to the shadow monkey that appeared next to me. "You... came." My eyes sparkled with joy. "How can I never scare you? Everytime I try you rather show no reaction or a small one." I shook my head and looked out at the view infront of me. "I guess I'm used to it. With all the times you did it in the past and with all the times demons jumped me on the Journey to The West, I can't easily be startled." Macaque scrunched his face up like I slapped him, his ears dropped slightly. "What?" "That's some deep life long trauma and you just acted like it was some simple paper cut." "Mhm." I hummed. I don't know how to respond to that... I never actually thought about it before... "Are you gonna stay for the fireworks?" I asked, trying to change the subject before it got more... personal. I concentrated hard on the red-ish yellow sky infront of me. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Macaque shrug. "Mk said he had something that could help me, but I don't know what." Macaque scoffed. "Bet the kid was lying. Nothing can block my hearing... that I know of atleast. It would take some super smart scientist to make a gagit like that." "Well, hopefully Mk has something... This would be the first time we can see fireworks together." The words made me smile, I saw Macaque crack a smile of his own as well. In the past Macaque and I would beg and wish for a miracle like this to happen so we could relax and watch the bright lights together. We never got to but we did get some fun memories in the Celestial Relam together. I heard Macaque hum beside me. Soon I felt something heavy rest on my shoulder. I didn't wanna look, the only person or thing it could be was...Macaque. I could feel chill bumps all over my arms. My face flushed a little, my throat suddenly tight and my throat dry. I slowly looked down to my shoulder to see Macaque resting his head on my shoulder like if it was a pillow. I don't know what to do. What if I touch him and he flinches away from me? I eased myself slightly closer to him. I was scared to hug him so I just sat there, his head on my slightly tensed shoulder. When I finally got enough courage I patted his back, those pats soon became small loving circles on his back as I moved closer to him. There was no gaps between are bodys as we both sat together, enjoying the moment. I expected him to push me away or slap my hand off him... but he didn't. He didn't ask me to leave or stop and was was just as good as him asking me to stay and continue. I wrapped my hand around him and held it up to his his ears. I slowly touched his ears, scratching the back of them. At first I heard Macaque let out a surprised yelp, but he slowly but surely started to lean into my touch, accepting my ear scratches. Macaque let out a very small but noticeable pur as he nuzzled closer to me, he was subconsciously starting to hugging me. I let out a chuckle and started scratching his left ears as well.
We both wanted this, though we didn't want to admit it, we both wanted this moment to last.