Iolanthe Potter Chapter #6

Start from the beginning

"Isn't that a breach of privacy?" A third year slytherin, Janet Pollit, asked worriedly, "I don't think I like that very much."

"Fair enough," Lydia shrugged, "nothing like it existed until now, so there's no laws against it. If you want to go make a big deal out of it, knock yourself out."

"Hey guys," Iola greeted her friends as she approached them, "I just came to say goodbye."

"You're leaving?" Padma asked sadly, "I'm going to miss you."

"I'll owl you," Iola promised, "and you can come over my house during the holidays for a visit, I'm sure my father won't mind? Do you mind Daddy?"

"I don't mind at all," Sirius reassured, "all your friends are welcome."

"You're the Grim Reaper!" Terry shouted, "that's so cool! Is it true that you can turn into a dog?!"

"You're an animagus?!" Orion was pleasantly surprised, "it will be an excellent asset for our family. You will do good to inform me of such things next time."

"I'm not part of your family," Sirius spat at him, "and what I do is none off your concern. You don't care about me, only what it could do for you."

"I certainly can," and Sirius shifted for the kids, all of them oohing and aahing, "it's not something I would recommend you doing. Especially not illegally like me."

"Then how come you're not in azkaban?" Padma asked cleverly, "that's the punishment."

"I got it pardoned as a wartime exemption," Sirius says casually, "too dangerous to register with death eaters around. Needed it to escape my parents attempting to kill me. That kind of thing."

"Not surprised you tried to off me," Sirius says, still hurt despite it all, "you've never loved me, have you?"

"I could never love a blood traitor like you," Walburga spat, "I haven't loved you since you refused to push those muggleborns into the fire."

All the people in the hall who had dismissed Sirius Black, had called him cruel, rude, and mean, suddenly got a new appreciation for the boy. He went against the current, his parent's hateful bigotry, and rose above it, becoming something new.

"Oh," Padma blushes, "sorry for reminding you about that."

"It's all good," Sirius waves her apology off, "I got them back eventually."

"Stop being scary," Iola told her father, "you'll casue me to have no friends."

"Wouldn't want that to happen," Sirius smiled, "now go stand with your friends. I'll take some pictures." Iola posed for a few pictures, before saying goodbye to her friends.

Iola and Sirius find Lily in the library, and there is a quiet goodbye between the two. Iola promises to send her a list of books to read, and Lily promises the same in return.

"Next we have to find Ron and Lavender," Iola explains to her father, "they're not really friends, so they'll probably be in separate places." Surprisingly, the two were just in the common room, and Neville and Susan let them into the common room. 

"Are you both packed?" Sirius asked, "or do you need some help? Your guardians will slit my throat if I don't help."

"I must certainly would," Augusta lectured Sirius, "in fact, there was this one time with Algie that-"

"Sirius doesn't want to hear such a story," Frank shushed his mother, "let's continue."

"I'm fine Uncle Sirius," Neville said sweetly, "but I think Susan would like some help shrinking her things."