Chapter 3

Once out on the square he summoned the book again and chose a new card. He smirked at the girl, 'Bye now,' then held the card up and barked,

'Magnetic Force, on. Phinks Magcub.'

There was the by now familiar feeling of being hurtled through the air, then he suddenly stood in a small meadow, seeing Phinks standing next to two bodies.

'Oi, Phinks,' he called.

'You're early. Got bored already?'

'Missed you,' Feitan grinned. The meadow was blissfully free of girls, and it was good to see his friend again. He stepped closer and looked down at the bodies as they started to dissolve into orbs of flickering light.

'Have good cards?'

'No, not really, mostly basic ones.' Phinks narrowed his eyes, 'So these make ten for me, how many do you have?'

'Hah, I win, have twelve,' Feitan smirked.

'Nah, game's still running for two more days, I have plenty of time to catch up.'

Phinks's eyes suddenly focused on a point next to Feitan, a surprised look on his face.

'What the...'

Feitan didn't even turn, he knew what he would see.

'Dinner and drinks, check. Must make the evening complete.' She took a step closer to him, 'You have an unfinished quest.'

'No, no. We done.'

'And just who is this?' Phinks let his eyes roam over her body, unashamed.

'She nobody. Keep following me.'

'And you couldn't shake her? Man, you're getting rusty.' He chuckled, and winked at him, 'Or perhaps you want her to catch you...'

Feitan threw him a murderous stare.

'She NPC. Glitching. Keep come back,' he sighed. 'Kill her twice already. Always come back.'

'NPC?'

'Non-playable character. She no real person, she made for game.'

'Really? She looks real enough.' Phinks kept looking her up and down, while she smiled at him.

'Did Shal come yet? Want ask him what to do.'

'They should be here, but I haven't seen them, so I guess we'll have to wait until the rendezvous in Masadora.'

That would mean two or three more days. Feitan groaned.

'But I met Hisoka, and told him that we almost have the nen-exorcist pinpointed, so he should be ready.'

'Hisoka,' Fei huffed, 'Still no like him.'

'Well, soon we won't have to deal with him anymore.'

Phinks suddenly laughed, 'He was traveling with a girl too, just like you.'

He smirked, and poked Fei's shoulder.

'He actually claimed that she was the best nen healer he'd ever met. Machi won't be too pleased when she finds out. She's making a lot of money from him and his injuries.'

'Humph, who cares?' Feitan really didn't want to hear anything about more girls right now.

'Don't worry. I'll help you out.' Feitan looked dubiously at Phinks as he turned to the girl.

'So this quest, could you tell us what it is?'

'Of course,' she beamed at him,

'Our humorous meeting led to romantic feelings, which intensified over dinner and drinks. To finish the quest the evening must be completed,' she chirped happily, then turned to Feitan, 'You have a quest in progress.'