15•Harris Village•15

Start from the beginning

  Ree glanced at his pocket watch before letting out a soft sigh. He cleared his throat a bit before speaking.

  "You okay?"

  As the two of them just survived a "calamity" together. Ree felt like it was okay for him to speak casually to Hilsman. Hence, he did.

  Hilsman, who was in the middle of changing his views and beliefs, glanced at the seemingly calm man beside him. He couldn't understand how Ree could maintain his composure after all that.

  Ree noticed his gaze and he answered with a smile while shrugging. He continued to walk with Hilsman in tow before starting to speak when they're on a considerable distance away.

  "I'm surprised as well. In fact, I think I'm still in shock. I am apparently surrounded by monstrous individuals who could kill me with one move. But..."

  Ree shifted his gaze upward, staring at the night sky full of stars.

  "As a butler, it is my job to assist my master. If my will could be shaken just by this, then I don't deserve my title as a butler."

  In fact, Ree was only blubbering nonsense he once read somewhere before.

  "My creed was to serve my master, regardless of anything else. So I will accept anything and everything for the master I chose myself."

  Ree did not know, but as he spoke several people were listening in. All of them fell into a trance as they focused on the butler's form that was illuminated by the bright moonlight.

  "I firmly believe that the master I chose deserves all that."

  Ree moved his gaze toward the brown haired knight listening to him.

  "You're a knight first before you are a Vice captain, Sir Hilsman. You have your own creed you adheres to. Make up your mind then stay true to that."

  Ree patted the Vice captain on his back before leaving with his gaze stuck on his pocket watch. Unbeknownst to him, several pair of eyes were watching as he left. All of them lost on their own thoughts.

  Bu-dump.

  Hilsman's heart skipped a beat as he stared at the figure of Ree. Right now, the later's figure seemed awe-inspiring in his eyes.

  Meanwhile, Paseton and Witira, who accidentally eavesdropped, also felt their heart skipped. Specially Paseton, who was still feeling guilty at the fact that he hid his identity from Ree.

  The cats, along with Raon who was describing what's happening to Cale, all had complicated thoughts about the butler. The cats liked Ree. In fact, they liked him more than Hans.

  That's why they felt guilty for hiding, even tho they feel like he already knew about them.

  Cale however, felt satisfied with his comment about "the master he chose". For some inexplicable reason, he suddenly felt delighted.

  The chaotic night ended with Ree being completely oblivious of the fact that his image grew much bigger at the eyes of Cale's group.

~

  "Hyung, are you angry?"

  Maes stared pitifully at Ree who was boarding the carriage with the knights.

  Ree was still taking good care of them and was still assisting them, but the wolf children couldn't help but feel like Ree was distancing himself. He was not as he used to be.