15•Harris Village•15

Start from the beginning

  Right after, two more children appeared as the two cats turned into their human form. Behind them, Witira pulled out a long water whip while Paseton held his sword with a whirlpool at the end.

  Ree feigned his surprise impeccably while staring at them. Meanwhile, Vice captain Hilsman felt chills for the first time in his life.

  "Don't worry."

  Cale's voice was calm as he spoke. He was standing in the middle of this monstrous beings with a relaxed smile on his face, shocking Hilsman even more.

  Ree immediately adjusted his expression after hearing that. Switching back to his usual calm and polite smile.

  "Then, I wish you a safe trip young master. Is there anything else?"

  Ree acted like he was too surprised to process this information hence he simply gave up doing so. He avoided making eye contact to anyone aside from Cale.

  Right now, he was like a butler pretending to have not seen anything.

   Immediately, everyone realized his action. And somehow, both Paseton and the cat siblings felt a bit guilty.

  After all, the butler treated them really well. They felt like they betrayed his trust by lying. The cat siblings also felt like that even if they already suspected that Ree knew about them all along.

  In fact, after seeing Ree's stunned eyes after glancing at them once, they tensed up. And seeing him avoid their gazes somehow hurts more than they expected.

  'Did he felt betrayed that we kept it from him?'

  That's what running inside their mind right now as their gaze stayed at the butler's figure.

  Cale, however, prefer his action more than Hilsman's. Hence he nodded his way.

  "Just cover up for us. And I will also leave the wolf tribe children outside on your care."

  Again, another bomb was casually dropped off. Ree pretended to flinch a bit before fixing his composure.

  "...W, wolves. I see. Then, is that all young master?"

  Ree still maintained his polite smile but he let a slight trace of fatigue be visible on his face. As if he was wishing there was nothing else his young master would add, which was actually his true feeling.

  'Please young master, I'm begging you, that's enough of a "surprise" in a day.'

  Although he was not actually surprised like Hilsman, just thinking that he now "officially" knew about this troublesome informations were giving Ree a big headache.

  'But maybe this'll be beneficial as well. Maybe I can use this as a reason to slightly drift away from them.'

  A weak butler who was uncomfortable after he found out that he was surrounded by strong beings. That would give Ree a proper reason to act distant with the others, right?

  'Perfect!'

  Mini Ree, who just recovered, let out a cute evil laughter inside.

  Too bad, he underestimated the children's persistence.

  Ree and Hilsman left the tent at the same time after receiving their young master's orders. Both of them felt drained but for different reasons.

  Ree didn't really want to stay here any longer. However, he couldn't just ignore Hilsman who probably received the biggest shock of his entire life in a single blow.