Chapter 35- "D-Dia-gon Alley!"

About a week after Harry and I had arrived at the Burrow, we received letters from Hogwarts. Ginny and I were already sitting at the kitchen table when Ron and Harry came down together. Ginny looked up and accidentally knocked her bowl of porridge over when she caught sight of Harry. I reacted quickly and caught the bowl, saving her from the embarrassment of having to bend down under the table and try to pick it up. I looked over at her and noticed that her face was a bit flushed. Seems like this Ginny still had a thing for Harry.

I leaned over to her and asked in a low whisper, "Do you fancy Harry?"

She turned her head to me and her face was not pleasant. She looked confused and offended by what I had just said. Okay, maybe I was wrong about her liking him...?

She whispered to me, "I don't fancy him. And I wouldn't even have a chance anyways. You should see the way he looks at you, I've seen it this whole week, you're his sun. I do like him though, but not in a romantic sense. I'm more of a big fan of his and I was embarrassed because I almost knocked a bowl over in front of two very famous people."

"What do you mean two? No offense to your family, but I'm pretty sure Harry is the only famous person in this room," I said, raising an eyebrow quizzically.

She confidently whispered to me, "You're famous too. You have a prophecy about you and I'm sure there are a lot of people who fancy you. Men and women. Harry's story is just so big so you get overshadowed."

"How do you know there's a prophecy about me?" I asked. The people in my compartment, Ron, Harry, and Hermione, were the only ones who knew due to Ron pointing it out. To stop myself from being noticed by people I decided to use magic to make it look like normal skin. It worked and no one had ever brought the prophecy up again until now.

"Ron told me," she whispered. "He wrote to me on the first day and then I think he forgot about your prophecy. You concealed the mark, didn't you?"

Before I could respond, Mr. Weasley handed us the mail and said, "Letters from school." He handed all 4 of us identical envelopes of yellowish parchment, all addressed in green ink. "Dumbledore already knows you're here, Harry and Y/n— doesn't miss a trick, that man. You two've got them, too," he added as Fred and George sleepy walked in, still in their pajamas.

There was silence as we all read our letters and what we needed next year. I shuddered at the amount of Gilderoy Lockhart books I would need.

SECOND YEAR STUDENTS WILL REQUIRE:

The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 2 by Miranda Goshawk

Break with a Banshee by Gilderoy Lockhart

Gadding with Ghouls by Gilderoy Lockhart

Holidays with Hags by Gilderoy Lockhart

Travels with Trolls by Gilderoy Lockhart

Voyages with Vampires by Gilderoy Lockhart

Wanderings with Werewolves by Gilderoy Lockhart

Year with the Yeti by Gilderoy Lockhart

I made a mental note to myself to get The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 3 because I had already completed reading Grade 2. After buying the Gilderoy Lockhart books, maybe I could even buy The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 4.

Fred, who had finished reading his list, went behind me and peeked over at mine.

"You've been told to get all Lockhart's books, too!" he said. "The new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher must be a fan— bet it's a witch."