"Brace yourself on your elbows, Hadley," Max directs, and I do, knowing full well that with my upper body lowered like this and still wearing my heels, my bottom is angled up, tilting me forward. I feel really vulnerable in this position. I look up and only then notice the large ornate mirror on the opposite wall.

I can see myself, and Max standing behind me.

"There isn't a camera on the other side of that, is there?" I ask jokingly, trying to relieve my nerves with humor.

"No," Max says, seriously. "I checked."

"I was kidding," I tell him.

"I'm not. Gabe went through the whole suite, as well as checking what's adjacent, to make sure. It's secure."

Who does he think would set up cameras, or a wiretap? Some organized crime rival? The FBI?

Before I can say anything else, Max runs his palm lightly over my bottom, and I freeze.

Then his hand keeps moving around my side and up to my breast, pinching my nipple a little roughly, but not too much. He braces his other hand on the table, and I feel the hard length of him pressing against me.

"For a moment there," I say, trying for a light teasing tone but not really succeeding, "I thought you were going to spank me."

"When I spank you," he murmurs softly, leaning over me so his breath is on my neck, "you'll be over my knee, held firmly in place until I'm done."

"What makes you think I'd like that?"

But my center is throbbing. I'm pretty sure I would like that, as long as it isn't too intense. It's like Max is bringing out this whole different side of me.

"What makes you think you won't?" He slips his hand between my legs while his other hand continues to run over my breasts. It's obvious the moment he touches me that I'm wet and ready for him. "Remember, Hadley, if you don't like anything I'm doing, all you ever have to do is say no."

Max straightens, nudges my legs a little more apart with his knee, and then enters me in one hard thrust, taking my breath away. He pulls back and then thrusts again, even harder.

"I like what you're doing right now," I manage.

I glance up at the mirror and realize Max is watching us, too. His hands find my hips, positioning me exactly how he wants me.

He pauses for a moment, stares directly at my reflection in the mirror.

"This is what I'll be thinking about tomorrow when I'm sitting right here, pretending to pay attention while they drag out every point in this deal. I'll be thinking about you, naked and bent over the table, and me, taking whatever I want. Taking you, faster and faster until you come so hard you can't stop screaming my name."

"Do it," I manage to gasp. "Take me right now, Max. Don't hold back."

And then I see it. In the mirror. What Max looks like when his veneer of control slips away. His fingers dig into my hips and he slams into me, hips pumping hard, his skin slapping against mine. His face is determined, his brilliant blue eyes dark with passion.

He looks like a man who could do dangerous things.

I look like a woman possessed. My hair is wild and flying free while my body jerks forward and back. I'm sweating, gasping, mumbling words that don't make sense even to me.

In the bed, we made love. This isn't that. This is primitive. Feral. Out of control.

When he changes the angle again and moves his hand between us, pressing my clit hard with his thumb, I come screaming his name. His pressure on my clit is as relentless as his hips pounding himself into me, going even harder as I spiral.