EIGHT

CHAPTER EIGHT: PINING

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Peter kept his head down as he walked through the busy street that was full of the early morning crowd of people trying to get to work or school, he held his textbooks in his arms after losing his backpack the night before and listened to the musi...

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Peter kept his head down as he walked through the busy street that was full of the early morning crowd of people trying to get to work or school, he held his textbooks in his arms after losing his backpack the night before and listened to the music playing through his earbuds. People pushed by him and he just tried to stay out of their way, not entirely sure where he was going since he was taking a different route to school.

It was late September which meant that the trees were just starting to lose their leaves, which left piles of color on the street that made a crunching sound whenever he walked on them, something he liked doing. Peter had always preferred the Autumn months better than the other seasons, he loved the cloudy skies and the feeling of the cold breeze in the air with the chilly mornings.

Being so close to the month of October also meant that it was almost Homecoming, but Peter wasn't sure if he would even go. Dances and parties has never been his thing, he wasn't popular so they weren't fun, and he was absolutely not about to go to another dance without a date like he did during his freshman year, that was borderline embarrassing and he would make sure it never happened again; staying at home was a much better alternative than that.

Peter yawned as he walked because he hadn't slept much the night before, only staying awake tossing and turning until the sun came up because he knew he had messed up so bad yesterday. Caleb finding out that was Spider-Man was bad enough, but when he went home he only found Ned be waiting in his room, so now he also knew now, which made it even worse.

He had been doing so well up until this point, the only person that knew were Mr Stark and Happy, but in less than twenty four hours both of his friends also found out. Peter always knew he wasn't a great liar or good at keeping secrets, but he had tried his hardest this time.

This wasn't necessarily a bad thing because Peter had been wanting to tell his friends for months and weeks, but there was clearly a reason he didn't do that. He knew it wasn't entirely safe for either of them to know, and he had always intended to keep his identity a secret from everyone, but he had obviously failed at that.