Chapter 16: Lost and Found

Sorry... with campus back on I have no time to write this along with the burnt out ideas that I had. HOWEVER, do not think I'm dropping this, I will never just consider the last week an unscheduled break.

As per usual, all comments and reviews are appreciated and enjoy this chapter!

_____________________

Peter sat in the cubicles of the men's room. He wasn't there to take a number two however. He hadn't glitched in awhile, he calculated the intervals in his head, inconsistent rather but usually every seven or twenty minutes. But it's past both those marks for almost an hour now. He lifted his arms over his head, trying to think as to why when his right arm suddenly hurt.

"Agh, crap!" Peter winced.

Martin Li was a real stickler for the whole a clean environment for all they had going in Feast. One of the rules was to re-up your vaccinations for essentially everything. It hurt and left a sore in your arm but it wasn't like Peter could say no, he was here at his facility after all. Wait... that's it. Peter looked at his arm again, if he remembered correctly the reason why they were glitching was because their cells are decaying due to being in the wrong universe. Was the vaccinations somehow naturalising him to this universe?

Glitch.

Whatever smile or excitement he had died there for a bit. The glitch hurt obviously, leaving Peter a mess but when it's said and done, he knows that the medicine gave him sometime before the inevitable happens. He just needs something more invasive and... permanent. Unfortunately that's in possession of George Stacy now.

"Benjamin, are you still in there?" The voice of Martin Li calling for him, outside the cubicle. "Listen the van is still out of commission you think you can-?"

"Yeah sure no problem." Coming out. "Same place?"

"Yup, Feast Brooklyn." Martin enthusiastically says.

Aside from the education qualification program which would hopefully land him on his own two feet somewhere and a drug-victim group sharing session, which he attended to due to Martin Li's insistence. He's been doing everything he can to help out this new home of his, after all they took him in when he should rightfully be in prison for a B&E(Breaking and Entering). Kitchen, sanitary, delivery, you name it, he has done those at least once in the past week. A week of hard work since he landed, hard to believe it's been that long.

He has considered meeting up with the Spider-Gwen here but he felt that it might have complicated things if he did. After all, he is dead here. Opening old wounds is the last thing he needs right now, though maybe once he's finally self-reliant he'll find her. Wherever she may be.

_____________________

"So how did the talk with your father go?" Aunt May teased.

"Ugh." Gwen sighed. "Can we not talk about that?"

"Bet he gave you a real verbal beating huh?" She teased.

Gwen hasn't seen Aunt May since the dinner a few days ago and she really needed to air her feelings to someone she knew. Not her dad for obvious reasons, not her band because they're loud mouths and certainly not Miles and her other friends who are in other universes.

"Enough about me though." Gwen coughed. "How are you and Uncle Ben?"

"Well, Ben is fine. Doing his contracting work as usual." She finished her tea before opening her mouth again. "Though I've been thinking of working again at the shelter."