Chapter 5: The Trio?

We're only a 5 chapters away from Into the Spider-Verse arc, boys! Just bear with me a little longer.

_____________________

"You what?" Peter said with a sad tone. "With Gwen?"

"I'm sorry Pete but you're like a little brother to her." Harry explained. "And it's not like you've made a move."

This saddened his best friend even further. How could he? Harry knew how much Gwen meant to her. Peter palms pressed onto his forehead, trying to process all this. "I..."

"I'm going to Europe for awhile, I won't make it to Prom so..." Pitying him. "If you have the cajones."

"You know how much I love her, Harry!" Peter angered. Almost wanting smack him in the face.

"Consider it an adjustment period, Pete." He sighed. "Hey at least you'll have her to yourself til then. Color me impressed if you convince her otherwise." Though they both know that he didn't had it in him. "I gotta get to class now. I thought I was being courteous by telling you instead of hiding it from you but clearly... I'm sorry. It's for the best if we don't tell her I told you this."

Peter sat there on the bench alone. The embarrassment, the sadness, the betrayal, the anger. Thinking he'd prove him wrong. How he would prove them all wrong!

_____________________

"Hey, Peter?" Gwen reached out. "You okay?"

"Yeah totally." Scratching his eyes.

"You okay, Tiger?" MJ, right next to him. "Your eye is bloodshot red..."

"Wicked."
Betty and Glory both in agreement.

They were at his house, decided that they should celebrate Harry's return from Europe with Dinner at Peter's house. Mr Osborne was busy. MJ and the band decided to tag along too.

"Yeah, I just never slept today is all." Peter tries to brush it off.

"I'll never understand what you do in your room." Aunt May sighs, picking up what's left of dinner. Mimicking keyboard typing noises as she does so. "Oh and speaking of, that dirt bike helmet of you ordered was delivered. I put it in your room."

Harry raises an eyebrow. "What do you need that for?"

"Well... My Scooter?" Peter awkwardly smiled, finding a reason to shift the topic. "Anyway, how was Europe?"

"Oh, It was great. First few days in Paris, then Amsterdam..." Harry recounted a whole lot other places. "Oh Gwen." Putting his hands on her shoulder. "There's this place in Sweden with I swear. The greatest meatball gravy. Mmmm~."

"Sounds delicious." Gwen didn't react. "Even better than Aunt May's cooking?" She laughed.

Peter just observed, feeling like the third wheel again in the relationship. Annoyed but was he justified in that regard? He had tried to make a move on Gwen, though he wasn't sure if she took that seriously or jokingly. Staring blankly into his cup of tea as he pondered in his head.

"Oh yeah, Harry." MJ called. "Notice anything different about Ol'Petey?" This snapped Peter out of his trance, looking over to MJ.