Chapter 45: Sneak Attack

Brenna

"I can't believe that Magenta didn't let me know before now!" Asana huffed the next day, holding a dress up to me. She shook her head at two more dresses Paige held. "Here! Try this one!" She guided me to my changing room, shoving the dress into my hands. "Let me know when you have it on! I want to see you in it?" Then she quickly snapped the door closed.

"Don't I have a say in this?"

"Yes, of course, you do!" She yelled from the other side of the door. "But I refuse to let the future Queen of the Moon Shadow Pack look frumpy."

"Frumpy?" I scoffed. "Thanks a lot!"

"Well... you know what I mean!"

I quickly stripped out of my clothes and slipped into the dress she handed me. It was nice, but it just wasn't me. "Nope! Too frilly!"

"Let me see." Asana opened the door without any warning.

My head snapped up from the full-length mirror. "Asana! What are you doing?"

"Oh, God no!" She made an awful face, ignoring my reaction. "Take that thing off, and I'll bring you something else."

"Get out, and I'll change!"

She sighed, shaking her head. "We have no time for modesty right now! We have to find you something to wear today! In case you don't know, the Luna Choosing Ceremony is tomorrow night!" She waved her hand dismissively at me. "In fact, just stay in your undergarments while you try on clothes. It'll be much easier." She flung the door open wide, and Heidi, Ember, and Paige walked in with more dresses.

"Do you mind?" I scoffed, shaking my head.

"No, not at all," Asana said absentmindedly as she looked over the dresses. "Besides, you don't have anything I haven't seen before."

"Asana, I'm your Queen—"

"Which means that I have to do my job," she cut me off. "Now, let's get busy and find you a dress."

The morning flew by in a flurry of silk and organza as Asana went through dress after dress, trying to find just the right one. Finally, I tried on a dress, and it was perfect. It was a pale blue sequin floor-length ballgown that shimmered when I walked. Delicate straps crossed in the back, and it had a plunging neckline, fine lace between my breasts, and a small train.

"Wow!" Asana's eyes grew wide as she stepped back to take me in. "This is definitely it. The dress will sparkle in the moonlight, and you'll look gorgeous."

"Now that you've found her dress," Heidi said, "I'll need to borrow her. Her eyebrows are a disaster, not to mention her—"

"Okay, okay," I said, cutting her off. "I get it. I haven't had much time to take care of myself lately."

"Well, let's get you out of that dress, and we'll fix you right up!" Asana helped me carefully take off the dress and turned to hang it up, waving her hand to shoo me out. "Do with her as you will."

"Hey, wait a minute—"

"Yeah!" Heidi clapped, giving a little hop as she took my hand. "Okay, now for the hard work." She glanced over her shoulder. "Ember, why don't you do her nails today, and I'll come back tomorrow to do her hair?"

"Sounds good," she replied, already setting up.

"Don't I have a say in this?"

They looked at each other and then back at me. "No."

"Now that we're through with the dresses, I'll order some pizza!" Paige pulled her cell phone out of her pocket and started dialing.

I was never a frilly type of person, but I had to admit this was exciting.

"Now...." Heidi patted the table once we were in the mini-salon. "Lay down, and let's get to work."

Ember finished setting up her station beside me and started working on my nails while Heidi waxed my eyebrows and... unmentionables. I chuckled at the thought. If men only knew what women went through to be presentable for them.

But this wasn't for Adan. It was for the Moon Goddess. I had never seen her myself, but they say she appears before potential Lunas, and I wanted to look my best.

"Now, come over and let me fix your hair while your nails dry." Heidi held the hydraulic chair for me on the other side of the room after she and Ember had finished.

"But I thought you were coming back tomorrow to do my hair."

Heidi looked at me as if I had four heads. "I am. But you'll need to look presentable tonight, in case you dine with the Alpha." A devilish smile lit her lips as she motioned with her head for me to come over, a twinkle in her eye. "Besides, I want to try something."

"What?"

"You'll see." She turned the chair away from the mirror so I couldn't peek.

I was afraid to anyway. Hard telling what she had planned for me. But then she would have Adan to answer to. I chuckled at the thought.

She had me facing the open door when Magenta walked up but stopped in the doorway. "Knock, knock. May I come in?"

"Yes, of course!" I smiled, glad to see her.

Magenta smiled as she walked in and sat in the hydraulic salon chair next to mine. "So, I see you've been busy."

"Actually, I was hoping you'd rescue me."

Magenta laughed.

"Not on your life." Heidi continued combing through my hair. "I have you right where I want you."

I chuckled. "I was afraid you'd say that."

"Well, I thought I'd stop by to let you know what was going to happen tomorrow," Magenta said, suddenly serious. "You'll walk downstairs at seven o'clock. The sun will have set by then, and the moon should be rising...." As she gave me instructions, I nodded, trying to remember everything she said.

But it appeared that the only thing I had to do was walk. I could do that. Let's just hope I did it without tripping.

***

A/N: What do you think of Brenna's Glam Squad? Would you like one yourself? I know I would! :-)  

Blood Moon: Bought by the Mafia AlphaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara