Chapter 39: Stamina

Brenna

Brenna awoke to an unfamiliar warmth. As her eyes adjusted to the morning light streaming in through the window, she realized the source of the warmth was Adan. To her surprise, he had fallen asleep the night before and hadn't left, still laying in the same position as the night before, arms folded around her, his legs twined with hers.

I didn't want this moment to end. I lay awake, relishing every moment of being this close to him... before he woke and said something to ruin it. But I pushed the thought aside, determined to enjoy this for however long it lasted. I watched him as he slept, tracing every curve of his handsome face with my eyes, committing it to memory.

All too soon, he leaned over and kissed the top of my head. "Good morning, darling."

"Good morning." I looked up and smiled, wondering how he would react about sleeping next to me all night. I wondered if he had planned to slide out of bed once I was asleep and accidentally fell asleep next to me or if he had planned to stay with me all night. But I didn't want to think about it right now.

I got my answer when he leaned over me and brushed my hair away from my face as he looked deeply into my eyes. Then his lips descended upon mine, and I wrapped my arms around him, pulling him closer. I parted my lips for him, and our tongues danced as passion overtook us both. A moment later, he pulled back and gave me one last sweet kiss.

"I'm sorry, but I had to do that." He sat up, running his fingers through his hair.

I also sat up, wrapped my arms around him, and leaned my head on his shoulder. "Don't be sorry. I'm not." I kissed his shoulder. "Do you regret falling asleep next to me last night?"

His head turned around so fast it scared me. "Oh, hell no!" He placed his hand on my cheek as he looked into my eyes. "If it were up to me, I'd never leave."

"Then don't." I pressed my lips to his, and he quickly turned me over onto my back as his lips groped mine.

My heart swelled with emotion as he ran his hand lightly over the side of my breast and then down to my waist. Then he hooked his hand under my knee and pulled it over him. Even though I hadn't known him long, the connection we shared astounded me. He was everything I wanted in a man and more.

I took a deep breath and savored the moment. His scent—a mixture of his cologne and something unique to him—filled my lungs, causing me to shiver with anticipation. I ran my lips along his chin and down to his neck as he lay back against the pillows.

Adan let out a soft sigh as our eyes met, and a smile lit his lips. There was something in his gaze that made my heart skip a beat. "I like these kind of wake-up calls," he teased, his voice like velvet.

Without saying a word, I pulled his lips to mine and kissed him. His lips were warm and tasted sweet. I was lost in his embrace, my body moving with his as we explored each other.

I gasped as Adan's fingers gently stroked my folds and over my clit, his touch sending waves of pleasure throughout my body. His lips curled into a knowing smile as he watched the effect he had on me. He raised up and slid my nightgown up over my head and cast it onto the floor. Then he moved his fingers in circles over my clit as he sucked and tongued first one nipple, then the other, his touch growing more intense with each passing second.

My body trembled with anticipation as I gripped his hair, waves of pleasure washing over me... but I wanted more. I rolled him over and then moved down, eagerly exploring Adan's body, moving down his taut abdomen and then lower.

"You don't have to do this," he breathed, his voice thick with desire.

"No, but I want to." I licked up his shaft as he ran his fingers through my hair and then sank down on him, taking him inside. I sucked and licked around the head as precum oozed from the tip. Then I began moving up and down, sucking and licking as he fisted my hair and guided my mouth where he wanted it.