5. Mixed feelings

~Continued from "4.confusing thoughts - 8:05am~
————————————————————————

Striker was laying there awake, still stuck tight in Chaz's arms as he had been since they had gotten home yesterday. He sighed, waiting for Chaz to finally awaken from his deep sleep.

"Fuuckk...ow my head...!" Chaz grumbled, finally waking up, removing his arms from around striker and sitting up which he regretted instantly  since it made his morning hangover so much more painful.

"Hey, Hey, just relax, don't sit up too fast" Striker said, laying Chaz back down slowly as he climbed out of bed and went to retrieve some pain relief medication for Chaz to take to soothe his headache.

After about a minute and a half, Striker came back and handed Chaz two pain killers and a big glass of water as he sat back up.

"Thanks strikes" He said, placing the pills on his tongue before swallowing them down with a big mouthful of water. "What...What happened last night? After we left?" He asked, lifting the glass back up to his lips to continue drinking.

"Well, we rode back here, I put you to bed before you decided you wanted me to join you in an ever lasting cuddle and then..you kissed me before going to sleep" Striker explained which caused Chaz to spray all the water out of his mouth all over striker.

"I DID WHAT?!" He exclaimed, staring at striker with wide eyes in disbelief of what he just heard.

"Well I didn't pay for splash zone seats but, you told me you loved me and you kissed me" Striker said, picking up an old cloth and wiping the water and saliva mix off of his face.

"Oh sweet jesus..." Chaz mumbled, putting the half empty glass aside and holding his head in his heads, realising he exposed his feelings to striker all because he was intoxicated.

"Well I'm guessing that was all because of the alcohol anyways so" He said, shrugging his shoulders and not over thinking it too much.

"Haha...yeah...! T-totally, 100% all because of the alcohol, it was all platonic!" Chaz stammered, letting out an awkward chuckle as he looked back up at striker, giving him an equally awkward smile.

He quirks an eyebrow at Chaz, giving him a slightly puzzled look. "You hesitated and had to reassure that about a million times.." Striker muttered, now starting to second guess the situation and of what Chaz had said and done last night was the truth.

"It's the truth..!" Chaz said, looking down to break eye contact between them both, now fiddling with his fingers again.

"Okay..I'm gonna go out...and get the groceries..." He muttered, still having that confused look on his face as he got up and left his lair to go to the market.

Chaz let out a deep sigh, leaning back against the headboard. "Oh what am I gonna do...how do I even explain myself without making things awkward?!" He said, now talking to himself as he held his hands in his lap, still twiddling his fingers around.

"Maybe...Maybe I should just..come out and tell him how I feel, can't be that bad right?" He questioned, not expecting any form of reply from anyone apart from his own thoughts which were screaming red flags at him, giving him all kinds of excuses why he shouldn't go through with this.

About an hour and a half has passed and striker had finally returned and unpacked all the groceries, in the meantime, Chaz had come to a conclusion he should tell striker the truth and by the time he was available to talk, Chaz had managed to muster up the courage to strike up this conversation.

Chaz nervously approached striker, gently tapping his shoulder. "Hey..S-Strikes..can we talk?" Chaz managed to say quite skittishly, already playing with the sleeves on his jacket and twiddling his fingers.

"Hm? Sure, what about?" Striker asked, turning his head to see Chaz out the corner of his eye. His body language seemed...off, Chaz was behaving different to how he usually did. "Hey what's up? You're acting odd" He said, turning around so he was facing Chaz.

"Well...erm..I need to tell you something.." He stammered, his nerves building up even more but he knew he couldn't back out now.

He smiled and rolled his eyes, snickering at Chaz fumbling over his words. "If it's about what happened last night, it's fine Chaz, I get it, you were drunk" Striker said, giving Chaz an understanding smile and a reassuring pat on his shoulder.

"No...no striker.." Chaz muttered, looking down at his feet before back up at striker.

"Hm? Then what Chaz? You're confusing me" Striker said, staring at Chaz with a dazed look, not entirely sure on what Chaz could possibly be this worried about but, soon enough he found himself wrapped back in chazs arms again. "Wait what are yo-?!" Striker was cut off as chazs lips were pressed up against his once again. He stared at Chaz with wide eyes, not sure where to put his hands or what to do.

He held the kiss for a few seconds before pulling away, staring into strikers eyes. "I do love you, I love you a lot strikes. Will you...be with me..?" Chaz muttered, holding Striker close, more nervous than ever for strikers reaction.

"W-Well..! I-I..!" Striker gibbered, trying to think of what to say in reply to Chaz's request.

—————————————————————————