You and Eli leaned in as Tanjirou read it aloud, "Fuck you, fuck you! Go to hell! I have no sword for you! Kill yourself, I hate you! Fuck you!" Upon this, you and Eli burst into hysterical laughter, "OH MY GOD, TABASCO! YOU'RE DONE FOR!! BWAHAHA!!"

You held your stomach for support, "T-TANJIROU!! HOLY SHIT!! I TOLD YOU, HE'D WANT YOU DEAD!! PFFT— BWAHAHA!!"

Tanjirou stared at the letters in absolute terror, his eye twitching, "This.. this is not good.. yeah, this isn't good at all!" Kiyo frowned, "Yeaahh..!"

Sumi chimed in, "Wait, wasn't there a letter addressed to (Y/N), too?" Upon hearing this, all three of you froze as you widened your eyes, "EHHH?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN, THERE'S A LETTER ADDRESSED TO ME, TOO?! I DIDN'T DO SHIT!!"

Sumi handed you the letter, to which you read aloud in a shaky voice, "You too! Kill yourself, and slit your goddamn throat! I hate your damn guts, and I await the die for when you drop dead! Dear god, if you break your sword.. you'll never see the light of day ever again! Fuck you!!"

You began to nervously sweat, before you dropped down to the floor, "Holy shit, what the hell did I do to him!? My sword's in one piece, too!" Eli smacked your back jokingly, "Pfft—! You're both dead!"

Kiyo then continued, her brows furrowing further, "He hasn't sent any swords here for the past two months, either.. I'm sorry, you two.." Tanjirou sighed, "Oh, okaay.."

He clutched his head nervously, "But.. I only chipped it this time! Maybe it's because I broke it before, but.." You mimicked his position, "Why did he even write to me!? I didn't do anything to him!"

Naho confusedly cocked her head to the side, "People often damage their swords though, right..? Maybe.. Haganezuka-san is the one being difficult here."

Kiyo perked up, "Hey, why don't the three of you head to the swordsmith village? I think you should meet him in person and talk it out!" Eli raised a brow, "Huh? Why me, though? I don't have anything to do with this—"

You interfered, shooting him an angered glare, "I don't give a shit if you're involved. You're coming with us. It's what you get for making fun of us."

Tanjirou blinked owlishly, "Oh, speaking of.. what's.. 'the village'?" Sumi sent the three of you a smile, "All the swordsmiths live there!" Tanjirou let out a light gasp, "Eh?! Wait, we can go there!?"

Naho nodded, "Of course! As long as Oyakata-sama gives permission! You see.. it's hidden, so the corps tries to keep it as secret as possible! Just in case a demon tries to track it down!"

The three of you glimpsed at each other, before you shrugged, "I mean, why not?" Despite knowing the oncoming events, you continued your act, "What's the worst that could happen?"

Eli let out a sigh, "It's not like I have anything to do.. I'd rather tag along than just hang back here.. all alone." Tanjirou nodded, "Okay, then we'll go!"

『✦』

After getting ready to be carried to the village, a part of you felt somewhat strange for wearing your official uniform and haori again; you hadn't been officially dressed since the red light district, a arc which held many painful memories.

As you tidied yourself up in the mirror, your eyes narrowed onto a certain hilt you were gifted — Tengen's. You stared at the hilt, reminiscing on his words to you.