Welcome Home, Sam

Start from the beginning

"It's a surprise!" Mantis replied, wiggling her fingers for effect.

Sam's confusion went away and was replaced by intrigue. "Oh yeah?"

"YES!!" A voice exclaimed behind Sam.

And that was all he heard before darkness overtook his vision...basically, a bag had been put over his head.

"Whoa! Okay, that was unexpected!" He exclaimed, momentarily shocked.

That voice from behind him he recognized almost immediately, but the conversation that followed gave it away as well.

"Drax! You weren't supposed to do it yet!" Nebula scolded.

"I thought it was a surprise?" The Destroyer replied, obviously confused.

"Yeah, but not when you do it like that!" Peter said in an exasperated manner. "Doing it like that could make the person think you're kidnapping them. Crazy people do that sh** all the time!"

"Well, that actually does kinda sounds like Drax," Rocket said with a shrug.

"He's right," Mantis agreed.

"Guys, guys! It's okay," Sam said from underneath the bag, "Just maybe give me a little warning next time, Drax. You're lucky I didn't get scared or I would've attacked."

The rest of the team heard this and smirks and smiles went throughout them....save for Nebula.

"HA! You wouldn't have won!" Drax boasted, balling his fists cockily, "I would've taken you down easily with as thin as your body is."

"Uh-huh, sure thing, Drax."

"I am Groot?" Groot asked them.

"Yes, can we please get on with this?" Nebula asked in annoyance, "Any longer and the surprise will no longer be drawn out."

"I'm ready!" Sam stated, "It's just, someone's gonna have to guide me so I don't bump into anything."

"We'll help you, comrade," Cosmo said walking up to Sam's side.

"I am Groot!" The friendly tree said as he took Sam's arm on the other side.

"Thanks, guys."

And they were off.

======================================================================================================

Thanks to the help of a sentient walking stick(pun intended) and a seeing-eye dog(also pun intended), the group had led Sam up to what he assumed had to be the inside of a building. He just didn't know which.

"Okay, you ready, Sam?" Peter asked as they made him stop.

"I guess so," the young Nova replied nervously. He didn't know what to expect so he was both excited and nervous.

"All right, you can take off the bag now," Rocket told him.

Doing as they said, Sam reached up and pulled the bag off and opened his eyes to see that they were in a room; one of the apartment rooms of the city. But he was confused. What was he supposed to see?