Chapter 6 - Pick ya' jaw up.

Start from the beginning

Once they leave, we tidy up and head to the bus. It's Monday tomorrow and I usually get a severe case of the Monday Blues but I'm so happy at the moment, that I'm excited to go to work tomorrow. Gross.

Noah and I sit on his bed.

"So what happens now?" I sulk.
"Well we have another 3 weeks touring the UK. Then we're going back home to Virginia." Noah's head is down as he's saying this, not even looking at me but fiddling with a piece of thread on his bedding.
"I'm going to miss you. I know it's only been 2 days but this has been the best 2 days I've had in a really long time."
"Same L, I feel like I've known you forever and I adore you already. I'm gutted. Listen though, I'm going to be real right now and I hope I don't scare you off... We have something. I can feel it. I've not felt this way before and I'm going to make it work between us, no matter what, okay?"

I start tearing up. I've processed what he's said but the dark part of my brain can't help but think he's going to go off for 3 weeks and forget I exist. He has an amazing life without me, that's only going to get better. What do I even add to it?

I didn't notice myself crying until he wiped away tears with his thumb.

"Hey, come here."

He pulls me into his chest, placing his hand on the back of my head and beginning to play with my hair. I could fall asleep right here, content.

I remember I actually have some holiday days booked next week. I'm not doing anything for them, I just needed to get some booked in.

"I'm just nipping to the toilet before I leave," I say as I stand up.

I close the door behind me and whisper for Jolly to meet me in the kitchen.

"Right Jolly, I need your help. I've just realised I have holiday days next week. What days are you playing in the Midlands?"
"Erm, Wednesday in Wolverhampton. Thursday in Nottingham, Friday and Saturday in Birmingham, you coming along?"
"Yeah, actually, if you don't mind? I'm going to surprise Noah. "
Jolly's face lights up at the thought. "Your secret is safe. He'll love that, you big soppy bastard. I'll tell Nick, but not Folio because he's got a big ass mouth and will let it slip. You want us to book a room for you in a couple hotels or are you okay on the bus?"
"Omg don't be silly, I'll get the hotels so I'm not invading on you guys."
"Honestly, it's our pleasure. We all love having you around, stay with us?"
"Sure." I smile, and we have a bear hug.

Noah walks in.

"Alright, what's going on here then without me?" and joins in.

"Just saying bye to my big brother, I'm gonna miss his hugs for the next few weeks." I then pretend to gag. "Ew, sorry, I don't know where that came from. Glad to be away from your sweaty arses and burps. "

"ARRRRRRSES!" They all say mocking my accent, I even heard Nick in the toilet shout it. I grab a packet of crisps from the side and launch them at Folio's head.
Of course, he just opens the packet and starts eating.
"Piss right off, dicks!" I shout.

I say my good byes, and head to the car with Noah.

"I meant what I said you know. I'm not letting this go, we have something Lou."
"I know Noah, we're good. Don't worry, we'll figure it out."

We have a long, intense kiss goodbye. I know he's kissing me like it's the last time, but I'm glad I know it's not, otherwise the drive home would be a lot harder.

I get home and instantly grab a shower and get into bed. I have work at 9am tomorrow but for once, I slip into bed and fall asleep. No anxious feelings or thoughts for the week ahead, just excitement and blissful sleep.

-------------------
*Monday*

My annual leave starts tomorrow so when I get home I start packing for a few days.
• Makeup, check.
• 10 pairs of underwear (just in case I shit myself multiple times) check.
• Toothbrush and toothpaste. Check.

I carry on going down my list when I receive a message.

Noah: "Can I facetime you?"

I don't text back and just facetime him straight away. "Hey, you okay babe?"
"Yeah, I just miss you."
"I know, me too. I'll see you in a few weeks, though, don't worry."
I can tell he's really torn up, I feel smug knowing I have the upper hand but I have to play into it so he doesn't think I'm a heartless bitch.

We finish our call and I facetime May and Jesse. They live together now which is so cool because I can hang out with them both, any time, as they're always together.

"GIRL WHAT THE FUCK. I SAW THE PICTURE. TELL ME EVERYTHING." May screams down the phone.

I've barely spoken to them over the last two days, it's been a whirlwind but I delve into all the details of the past 2 days over the next hour and a half with them. They listen intently and scream over the exciting parts.
I love these guys, there's never any jealousy between us, just the purest amount of love and support and I'm so glad I have them. They're all I have. No family, no pets, no kids. Just them.

After I've spilled all the gossip of my dreamlike 2 days, we say our good byes and head to bed.

My house is so quiet. I've been around lads for 2 days, none stop talking, bickering, laughing and games and I'm starting to feel alone. I play my Bad Omens playlist to fall asleep to. Knowing I'm seeing them again in a couple days makes me smile to myself.

*PING*

Noah: Goodnight L, thank you for coming into my life. I can't imagine you not in it. See you soon.

Lou: Goodmight, love. I feel the same Noah, you've changed my life over the last 2 days. I'm forever grateful for you. See you soon.

See you soon. Our phrase. Our chronicle.

I'm still struggling to shake this feeling of loneliness. I've always enjoyed being alone, I enjoy my own company, and I enjoy going to work, coming home, and hanging out with May and Jesse every now and again. That's my life, and I'm content, but this nagging feeling is something I'm battling to shake.

Who knew 2 days could turn my world upside down?