"Uh oh, that's not good." I said jokingly.

Din huffed in amusement before he stopped me from walking. He took my hand in his as he turned me to face him.

"After we rescue the foundling, I think it might be time for us to..." Din trailed off with a small flail of his hand

"To get married?" I finished for him

"Yeah. To get married." Din nodded, his voice soft and nervous. 

"Okay. But I need to know something first." I said. Din looked down for a moment and squeezed my hand nervously before he looked back up again.

"What is it?" He asked

"Will I ever see your face again? I know that now you're redeemed I probably can't and that's fine, I wouldn't want you to have to break the creed again..." I rambled as my eyes darted around the rocky ground for any sticks.

"Hey, hey. Look, when Mandalorians get married they are allowed to see each other's faces. You will see my face again." Din interjected my rambling with a calm but slightly amused voice.

I sighed softly and shot him a small smile. "Okay."

"Ni kar'tayl gar darasuum." Din said, I could hear the smile that he bore under his mask.

"Ni kar'tayl gar darasuum." I said in return. I gently squeezed his hand before I turned back to look for firewood again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Night had fallen over the planet as we hunkered down underneath a cliff edge. The two moons of this planet glowed brightly in the sky alongside the scattering of stars.

The fire in the center of our camp crackled softly, giving the dangerous location a calm atmosphere. I lent my side against Din as the other Mandalorians talked softly amongst themselves. His hand rested on my thigh just above my knee in an almost absentminded way.

One of the Mandalorians stood up and began to hand trays of food out. Bo-Katan lent towards Din and I.

"How do you eat when other people are around?" She asked softly, still unsure of how to navigate life in the covert.

"You don't. When you get your food, you go off to find a place where you can take off your helmet." Din explained in a soft tone.

"What should I do?" I asked Din quietly

"Just come with me, Cyar'ika." Din replied. I nodded and straightened up as the Mandalorian with the stack of food trays came over to us. He passed one to me and one to din. I gave him a small nod like the others had before I stood up alongside Din.

"You are the leader of the war party. You have the honor of staying by the fire." I heard Paz say as Din led me away from the camp. At least Bo would get to stay with the fire.

Din led me towards a large rock that we could go behind and not be seen. He sat down on the floor and I took a seat behind him, our backs were pushed together in a way that comforted me. It reminds me of all the times we sat in the crest together before I had even seen his face. Him allowing me to do this, to be so close to him when he's vulnerable, lets me know that he trusts me more than anyone else.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sun had only just risen above the horizon and we were awake and ready to go. The fire had been stomped out and light gray smoke slowly billowed from the aftermath. I looked down at the vambrace on my arm, checking that everything was in place. The eight of us knelt on the sandy ground as we prepared ourselves.

Bo-Katan was the first to stand up. "Now, our hope is that the child is still alive so we have to make sure not to fire on the raptor."

Paz Vizsla stood up after she spoke. "It will kill the foundling if attacked. It has happened before when it has taken others."