Chapter 9- Apologies & Discoveries

Start from the beginning

The day after I went to the Pogues beach to find her and apologize properly.

She's not the type of person to sit in bed all day so I knew that she would be surfing. I knew her so well, just by looking at her I could conclude facts about her, she wasn't predictable but I just got her in a way no one else did. She was the girl for me, I've known that for a while now.

I saw her surf, she was really good. I've surfed before but I've never enjoyed it truly, that's a pogue sport.

But when she did it, it was a whole different thing. Her beautiful body navigating the waves, she just looked beautiful. She drove me so crazy, I've never described a girl like that. I don't think that I've ever called a girl beautiful or gorgeous before Lillian. I was a player but she deserved princess treatment and nothing less.

Then I saw that Pope fell and I couldn't see her anymore. She had fallen as well.

My heart started beating so fast even at the thought of losing her. I don't know how I would live without her, now that I know how she really is especially.

I didn't hesitate and dived into the water, I swam to her as fast as I could.

"Lillian!" I screamed her name.

I arrived at her after a few seconds, Pope was holding onto her and she was unconscious.

As I saw her my life flashed before my eyes. She's the only thing I have hope in, the hope of a future together. I wasn't letting her go so easily.

Pope was struggling to keep her above the water because he was injured too.

"Heyward! What the hell did you do to her?" I screamed at Pope.

"Rafe? What the hell! Mind your own fucking business." Pope said still failing to keep her head out of the water.

"Give her to me, now," I demanded.

"No Rafe, she's my best friend and she hates you," Pope answered starting to yell now.

"NOW HEYWARD" I yelled and he gave in because he was too hurt himself, what a wimp.

I held her bridal style and swam, even when unconscious she looked like a goddess. I brought her to shore and left Pope by himself, he swam behind us. I was so mad at him for doing this to her, I wanted to beat him up, but right now Lillian was my only concern.

I laid her body on the sand and tried to feel a heartbeat. She had fainted from the impact with the board and she had a bruise on her neck.

"Lillian, please don't leave me, please," I told her, tears were coming to my eyes but I didn't care.

Pope looked like he had seen a ghost, I know that Lillian didn't want her friends to know about us but at the moment it wasn't in my mind.

I kissed her on the lips, and Pope just stood there not being able to speak. 

Her gorgeous green eyes opened and she started coughing. I held onto her and relief exited my body, thank god, my beautiful girl was okay.

"Rafe?" she said confused.

"Yeah, it's me."

"What happened?" she asked me and ignoring that Pope was there.

"Pope made you fall and hit your head on his surfboard and you fainted. But it's okay you're fine now." I told her and she nodded realizing what happened.

"Lil, I'm so sorry," Pope said from behind me.

"It's cool, and about this, I'll explain later but don't you dare tell a soul," she told him pointing at us. I was still holding onto her for dear life.