"What?"

"Aaron and Belly are my best friends. I should be in the hospital with them not here worrying over you!"

He lowered his head and started wiping the counters with a kitchen towel. "I understand."

"No, you don't!" I shouted. "I'm trying to leave and get as far away from you as possible, but I can't! You know why?"

He looked up at me and shook his head.

"I want you," I shook my head. "I need you."

He watched me intensely and I watched his breaths get faster and faster. He dropped the towel from out of his hand and marched up to me.

He crashed his lips on mine, and I immediately kissed him back.

His hands explored me before lifting me by the waist and dropping me on the countertop. He pushed my legs open and stood between them, dominating his territory.

He released from our kiss and looked at me.

"I'm so sorry Eve. I didn't mean to hurt your friend in the elections, and I tried not to fight your friend, but he persisted. I couldn't allow that."

I nodded my head. "I know."

He put his head on my chest. "What the hell are we doing Eve?"

I rubbed his back. "I don't know."

I stood up. "I should go. The others must be wondering where I was with our coffee for so long."

He grabbed my hand. "Stay."

"Haze."

"Ten minutes...that's all I ask for."

He doesn't deserve you, Eve. Leave.

"Five."

He physically relaxed. "Deal."

He sat down on the floor with his back pressed against the kitchen island before patting the empty spot next to him.

I understood what he meant and sat down next to him.

At first, we just sat in silence on the cold, white marble tiles watching the blank, white wall before us.

He was wasting his five minutes with me to just sit in silence?

"I don't think I'm okay," he randomly said.

I turned to him looking confused. "What?"

He continued to look ahead of us. "You asked me earlier if I was okay and the truth is, I don't think I am."

I looked back at the wall in front of us.

"You might think my life is all puppies and rainbows but my life's a shitshow. My sister is gone most of the times, I try to do everything in the world to make myself the 'best son', but my dad can't even look me in the eye."

He laughed. "I don't think I ever told anyone this before. I don't even know why I'm telling you this. Shit, I'd probably lose all my popularity if I ever told anyone this sad story."

He turned his head to face me and placed his hand on my thigh with his palm faced up. "Please Eve."

Tears gathered in my eyes as I continued to look at the wall because I knew if my eyes glanced at him for a second, I would submit. I shook my head. "I can't."

I closed my eyes as I felt his hand softly hold my chin. He knew my weakness.

"Look me at me, Eve," he asked in a begging tone rather than a commanding.

"Your five minutes are up, Haze."

"There is nothing I can say or do to make you not leave but please Eve, just hold my hand."

I opened my eyes and his big, brown intoxicating ones were right there waiting. I was a goner from the minute I sat done with him.

My fingers intertwined with his and he gave me a soft kiss on the lips.

"I'm going to lose the only three friends I have left when they find out about us," I cried.

"They won't, I promise. You'll be my secret," he pledged while trying to hug me, but I moved away.

"How do you know that for sure, Haze? You can't control if we get caught or not."

"Well if we get caught, I'll be your friend."

"You know you can't. Your friends would never allow that."

He suddenly looked upset. "No one can tell me what to do."

That is true.

"I really don't want to lose my friends, Haze."

"You won't. Our little agreement will never leave my lips."

I stuck out my pinky fingers.

He threw his head back with laughter. "Are you a kid or something?"

I watched him with a serious expression.

"Oh, you're serious?" his eye widened but then he intertwined his pinky with mine.

"Now you can leave," he said as we both stood up.

I started walking off but he stopped me again.

"What else do you want Haze!?" I shouted out of annoyance.

He walked up to me and placed his arm around my waist. "This."

He leaned in and started kissing me. When I used my tongue, he pulled back.

"What the hell, Haze?"

"This is to make sure you come back," he smiled.

"Whatever," I said before leaving.