𝐆𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐨𝐟𝐭...?

Start from the beginning

꧁The next day꧂

Sanemi entered inside looking all tried, he had new cuts all over his skin, his white hair was even more messier more importantly his haori was covered with some blood. He took off his shoes with a long exhausted sigh escaping from his lips he headed towards the kitchen just wanting some water and late midnight snacks. He reached the kitchen door seeing the light on he was a bit surprised knowing it was just Y/n in the Estate the whole day, he trusted the brat for being on her own for a day but if something ever happened while he was gone he will make sure Kakushis watch over her while he was out. Obviously there were enough food for you the whole day in the cabinet, he would never leave you all alone in this huge Estate with no food, you were amazed by his cooking skills it tasted very very good. Well I mean— he is the eldest child of the Shinazugawa family after all he had like six siblings what do you expect?

He slid the door open only to find you in your pajamas Mitsuri gave you while eating some food USING CHOPSTICKS you turned to look at the Wind Hashira both of you staring at each other for a while. Sanemi paled, the tiredness he was feeling just now all disappeared the moment he saw you now using chopsticks. He grinned before walking up to you ruffling your head.

"Looks like our lesson from yesterday payed off well, didn't it, brat?" He smiled.

"Looks like it did..." You whispered before taking another bite of the food you were eating.

"Looks like next I'll have to teach you some basic cooking."

"For God's sakes! I'm six!"

"So? I learned how to cook at five..." he said flicking your forehead.

"So? We both are different!" You shouted angrily.

"Just teach me how to climb things or whatever..." You said.

"So that you could reach the brownies and cookies at the top cabinet? I don't think so, brat." He chuckled sitting down next to you.

You glared at him with an annoyed pout before looking back at your food.

"Thanks for teaching me I guess..." You whispered shyly, Sanemi chuckled ruffling your head again unexpectedly giving you a hug.

"No problem, brat." He said still hugging you with a soft smile. (NAH BRO SMILING😨)

You sat at there a bit shocked at first but slowly hugged back your small hands wrapped around his back. You didn't know why but you loved what he was doing, hugging you gently with his arms wrapped around you protectively a small warm feeling in your chest like you didn't want this to end. You smiled softly appreciating the warm moment that Sanemi had to literally ruin by pulling away.

"Now why don't we both finish eating? it's midnight y'know..." Sanemi said before grabbing a chopstick from a drawer.

Soon enough you both were sharing the food you were eating, having fun conversations with each other, the kitchen was only heard with laughter and talking from outside. Sanemi even started to feed you when you were too focused on the story you were telling ignoring about the hunger you still had. You liked it here, the thought of leaving hurts, loneliness haunted you from the very beginning. Especially neglection and silent treatment, you were just a child. A child that had a childhood for six years that were full of darkness but now... you feel like the light is slowly approaching you ever since you stayed with the Wind Hashira. You remembered what he said when you were stuck at the hospital. You smiled, you definitely knew your decision and hoped he also felt the same way with your presence.

'Why am I—...' Sanemi thought.

'Getting soft...?'

꧁End of chapter꧂

What is up readers😇🤞 Hope you enjoyed this chapter for today and here is a fun fact about this book while I was writing some chapters.

Fun fact #1: The first chapter "A child?" Was supposed to be named "A brat?" but since you all know now that the tittles are named from what a character says, mostly Sanemi though and literally everyone would think the exact same thing like Sanemi when he first saw Y/n.

Fun fact#2: In the last chapter, "We're welcoming, you brat." at the part where Tengen and Mitsuri asked if they could adopt you if Sanemi was planning to, I was planning to add Kyojuro to also say the same thing but then again his father is an alcoholic abusive man leaving you at home while he's out on missions could make him really worried even if Senjuro could watch over you he would feel guilty on letting Senjuro mostly take care of you at such a young age.

That's all the fun facts😘

See you all on the next chapter💋