[1.11] Attitude

She fell asleep earlier, didn't she? Marina remembered the last few minutes before she passed out, and she was just on her couch. She was wearing a jacket over her suit — and she was on her couch. She was sure of that.

Marina never sleepwalks. Not that she was aware of, anyways — but this? What the fuck?

The moment she opens her eyes, she finds herself crawling up of the Oscorp building. Marina stares at herself through the window, shocked to find her suit now differently colored. Her suit was now fully black, and had silver linings. Who the hell?

"Perfect host." A voice echoes in her mind, and she almost falls off the building in shock. "What — Hello!? What is happening right now, oh my God." She looks around in panic.

"We are Venom." The voice replies, and she furrows her eyebrows in confusion. "We? I'm just dreaming. This is just a dream, right? I am just... lucid dreaming." She tries to convince herself, crawling on top of the building.

"Yes we. Me! You! We are Venom." The voice is deep and raspy, kind of like those monster voices from the movies. "I am not Venom! I am... Spindrift, and I am freaking out. Get out of my head, please? What did you do with my suit?"

Standing on top of the building, Marina looks down on herself, scanning her new suit. It's not bad... but, how the hell did this happen? She slapped herself, praying to whoever is out there that this is just some silly dream she could easily wake up from.

"Why did you do that?!" The voice exclaims, and Marina flinches. "Because this is not cool! Oh my God, I have to tell Hobie." She whispers. "Who is Hobie?" Venom asks, and Marina shakes her head.

"I refuse to talk to you like this. Get out of me first, then we can have a proper conversation." She crosses her arms. Venom laughs, as if she just asked a stupid question.

Marina blinks, "What's so funny?" A small part of Venom moves out of her body, and he appears out of her shoulder. She screams in fear, and attempts to shrug him out of her. "You! Ew! You are disgusting!"

Venom narrows his eyes at her, "Mean! You are not nice." He grumbles, and Marina scoffs. "I am — Just to those who ask for permission before invading my mind, and taking control of my actions!"

"You will not say yes, even if I had asked." Venom says, and Marina nods her head. "Okay, yes. Probably not..." She mutters, and sighs. "Now, who are you? Will you please get out of me, because this — whatever this is, I am not liking it. Thank you." She tries to smile politely, but you could clearly sense the fear in her voice.

"No! I am in need of host, and you are perfect. We are one, now." The small Venom merges back to Marina, and covers her whole body. "I'm... I'm not sure if you're aware, but I kind of have a job to do around this city. It's... um... more of a solo thing?" She hesitates.

Venom growls in annoyance. "WE ARE ONE!" He yells, and Marina winces. "How did this even happen... How did you even get to me?" She asks softly.

"Easy. I enter your home, find you sleeping, and then I merge with you." Venom explains, and Marina's mouth slightly parts in disbelief. "What — That's it? Where did you even come from?" She sits down on the floor, watching the quiet streets below.

"Planet Klyntar. Carlton Drake is not a good man!" Venom says, and Marina furrows her eyebrows. "Drake? Who's — Oh... No." Realization hits her, and Marina groans as she covers her face with her hands.

"The news from earlier." She mumbles.

﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀
"Multiple transport capsules owned by Life Foundation was found in Central Park. The contents of these capsules remain unknown, as some witnesses claim that these items have been dropped from space. CEO Carlton Drake remains silent, and refuses to face the public to properly address the situation."
﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀